Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Taunton

10 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Taunton are supposed to be at home on this bank holiday Monday but looking at the weather forecast I very much doubt that it'll go ahead.

Rained more or less all day here in TA19 with more forecast Flood warnings issued in my area a few hours ago I dont expect much football next few days in South Somerset.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

They have put a cover over the pitch and are confident the game will go ahead. 

I suppose it depends when the cover went on! Started raining in the small hours long before dawn!

1 hour ago, Irishadrian said:

I suppose it depends when the cover went on! Started raining in the small hours long before dawn!

Just read on one of the Taunton sites that the covers went on around 7 am so did get some fresh fall .

Right, what are our chances of getting a result tonight?

We know Taunton are desperate for the points and in their last two games they have produced two exceptional and unexpected draws away to Hampton and Braintree.

For us to come away with anything tonight firstly we need to be up for the game and secondly we need to have, if not our first choice, certainly a very strong line up.

Anything less and we will come away with precisely nothing.

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

We know Taunton are desperate for the points and in their last two games they have produced two exceptional and unexpected draws away to Hampton and Braintree.

For us to come away with anything tonight firstly we need to be up for the game and secondly we need to have, if not our first choice, certainly a very strong line up.

Tricky one as we don’t really have much to play for and rightly or wrongly we’re not going to be at our absolutely optimum for this match. Whereas Taunton are fighting for their lives and will be massively pumped for this. I can see yet another draw or defeat. Not to say we can’t win but we all know our record this season against the ‘lesser’ sides… 

The likes of Spicer and Abisogun need to be playing due to their lack of minutes. Maybe try out another promising A23 in these last 3 games, best time to try it when there’s nothing at stake.

4 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Tricky one as we don’t really have much to play for and rightly or wrongly we’re not going to be at our absolutely optimum for this match. Whereas Taunton are fighting for their lives and will be massively pumped for this. I can see yet another draw or defeat. Not to say we can’t win but we all know our record this season against the ‘lesser’ sides… 

The likes of Spicer and Abisogun need to be playing due to their lack of minutes. Maybe try out another promising A23 in these last 3 games, best time to try it when there’s nothing at stake.

If we win tonight and Saturday...... Bath have Torquay and Hampton have Dover (hampton without a win in 6)..... if one of those do not win we have a chance going into the final day..... very very slim but I say we have everything to play for tonight

19 minutes ago, Mark44 said:

If we win tonight and Saturday...... Bath have Torquay and Hampton have Dover (hampton without a win in 6)..... if one of those do not win we have a chance going into the final day..... very very slim but I say we have everything to play for tonight

Haha you’re really clutching at straws Mark!!! Even if we win all 3 which I can’t see with our recent form there’s no way Hampton will only gain 1 point from 9. If only we didn’t get beat twice by bottom side Dover!!!

We should be at our 'absolute optimum' for every match regardless of the situation.

It's called being a winner.

It's too late in the day for giving players minutes for the sake of it, pre season is the time to trial players when the only thing at stake is a place in our final squad.

As Scott said the higher up we finish in the table will be a great help when recruiting new players in the summer.

If Taunton win tonight that really puts the pressure on Dartford....:clap:

3 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Summed up well Taunton fighting for survival in this division We may be boosted by the Bath 3 points having played indifferently since that game but realistically our playoff hopeshave gone

1 hour ago, BFR said:

Taunton have only won 1 match since December 9th. Yes they are playing hard and fighting for survival, but they are where they are because they don't win matches. 

But be fair… they’ve only played 1 game!