Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Who's going to make the Play-offs?

I think its time to have a little look at the play-off contenders with what promises to be a fascinating final month of the season.

Hornchurch - 36 played - 6 remaining - 85pts - 1 win from the title.

---------------------------------------------

Chatham - 38 played - 4 remaining - 75pts - MAX 87pts

ETFC - 37 played - 5 remaining - 67pts - MAX 82pts

Wingate - 37 played - 5 remaining - 66pts - MAX 81pts

Horsham - 35 played - 7 remaining - 64pts - MAX 85pts

---------------------------------------------

Carshalton - 38 played - 4 remaining - 61pts - MAX 73pts

Billericay - 38 played - 4 remaining - 61pts - MAX 73pts

Hastings - 36 played - 6 remaining - 59pts - MAX 77pts

Dulwich - 38 played - 4 remaining - 58pts - MAX 70pts

I would hope that 7 points from the remaining 5 games would guarantee ETFC a place in the play-offs. The only way that wouldn't be enough would be if Wingate and Horsham bag over 74pts and Hastings managed to win 5 and draw 1 of their remaining 6 fixtures (which include ETFC, plus tricky fixtures at Bognor, Potters Bar and Canvey - plus rescheduled games away against Cray and Lewes).

Ideally I'd like a home semi-final, but now I'm just getting greedy. Anyway, fingers crossed as we head into the run-in!

Edited by The Crowing Cockerel

Massive game tuesday week Wingate v Hastings… a Wingate win will mean that 7 points will guarantee a play off place…. then Carshalton meet Riccy which means more points dropped…. 

will deff be at Wingate cheering them on… come along towners we could double their crowd….

3 hours ago, cup of tea said:

Been saying for months that you guys would make the playoffs - I would watch out for Wingate as their midfield is pretty strong, especially their no 7

Lots of ex Cheshunt players at W & F .  I wouldn't rule them out either .  

1 hour ago, lovely stuff said:

It is vital to make 3rd place in order to secure a home tie in the first knock-out game. Is going to be difficult to win one away play-off tie, let alone win 2 away ties to progress.

I'm not sure how vital it is. Take our friends up the A10, Chesiricay. 2 years ago (when they were briefly quite good at football,) they finished 5th and then won 2 away ties (Stortford & Hornchurch) to go up. Equally, we secured home 'advantage' against Hornchurch that same season, and we know how that went.

Just curious fellas as a Slough fan looking in(friend of Rhys Forster) what's happened to Concord?

Came out of our division last season, NLS and now look like they have gone again?

You boys look nailed on for the playoffs, confident?

2 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Just curious fellas as a Slough fan looking in(friend of Rhys Forster) what's happened to Concord?

Came out of our division last season, NLS and now look like they have gone again?

You boys look nailed on for the playoffs, confident?

Concord simply never had the players they needed to be competitive this season and have been at the bottom since August. The manager who nearly kept them up with a late revival resigned for non-football reasons. They promoted an inexperienced replacement from within, and most of the better players from the relegated squad departed.

Most of the smaller clubs in the Isthmian Premier were relegated last year while the newly promoted clubs have all been quite strong. It's a pretty competitive division with much more strength in depth than 5 years ago. I tipped Concord as likely relegation candidates after tracking the summer turnover and recruitment of all clubs in the division. I'm more surprised Cheshunt have struggled, although they seem to have a much younger squad, but still have the nous and experience of the same manager.

Wingate have been the surprise package of those I expected to be near the bottom. They could well be another Aveley if they win the play-offs. 

Meanwhile, at the other end the Great Escape might still be on for Margate as they come from 2-0 down to win 2-3 at Potters Bar (playing at Coles Park)! They now trail Chesericay by 3 points with only 3 left to play (as opposed to Cheshunt's 4). If Margate can get maximum points in their 3 remaining games then maybe just maybe...! [*Looks up their remaining fixtures*...........Hornchurch, Wingate and Billericay!🙄]