Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg - Final Tables, Play off matches - by midnight Fri 19 April

Jago

All very routine down in Margate.  Well done chaps.

And I’m afraid that it all turned out a bit routine at the top of the Les Walker…  all those potential outcomes were thwarted by the simple action of Sir Colin beating Ozz and thereby sealing the championship.  Mind you if Ozz hadn’t been wearing mittens when he keyed in the attendance it could have been so different – he was winning up until that point.

Anyway – many congratulations to everyone’s favourite Vice Chairman, Sir Colin McBride – a first time winner at that.  Built on an incredibly solid (aka incredibly fluky) defence.  Well done sir... you can present yourself with the trophy at the Kingstonian game.

But it was  Division 2 that had all the excitement.  Adrian finally got his finger out (can I say that?)  and secured second spot, but it was Marta who made the big move.  Three wins on the trot lifted her into the third auto-promotion spot setting up the much awaited Mr D-Marta derby for next year. I hear they will be groundsharing at the Martacana, subject to league approval.  Well done Marta – who also bagged the highest score THIS SEASON.  Crikey.

Which all means Mysterious Nick has to join the lottery of the play-offs – along with UrchinYid, Mick The Bat and CuppaTea who leapfrogged Baby Jago for the final spot.

Meanwhile, down at the very bottom is where the real sob story is.  MikeMike has been desperate for a trophy all season and thought he had the Wooden Spoon in the bag.  Turns out he couldn’t even win that after being unusually accurate v the Baby – so it goes to Diamond Geezer.  Well done Geezer (I think?!), hard lines Mike.

The other big news was Digger The Cat getting the first spot-on crowd prediction for a couple of seasons (no I can’t be bothered to look up the last one).  His head will explode He may be a contender for the big one next season if this carries on.

Play-offs next week.  As per the new regime I’ll post the head-to-head fixtures once all the predictions are in – I’m bored of 4th v 7th etc.

Here it all is...

THE LES WALKER DIVISION ONE - FINAL POSITIONS

image.png.638605cec333268aaccb5c6cb009502a.png

image.png.3d966ac9b9984c72fd85723153498bb1.png

THE ROMFORD v GWR FA VASE DIVISION TWO - FINAL POSITIONS

image.png.6efa72c2357fbfab92bb671958566759.png

image.png.0f87d51e6b8c5a2cf50667c9da95efcc.png

NEXT WEEK - PLayoff semi finals - By 23:59, Friday 19th April

For the avoidance of doubt - if you are not Nick, UrchinYid, Cup of Tea or Mick The Bat - you do not need to predict!

Barcelona Women v Chelsea (champions lg s/f)
Sheffield Utd v Burnley
Luton v Brentford
Chatham v Horsham
Potters Bar v Hornchurch  
Attendance:

Contingency
Aveley v Bath

See you on the Island.  Again.
Jago

Barcelona Women 1 v 2 Chelsea (champions lg s/f)
Sheffield Utd 1 v 3  Burnley
Luton  0 v 2  Brentford
Chatham 1 v 2 Horsham
Potters Bar 0 v 3 Hornchurch  
Attendance:359 

Contingency
Aveley 2 v 2  Bath

Barcelona Women 1 v 3 Chelsea (champions lg s/f)
Sheffield Utd 1 v 2 Burnley
Luton 3 v 2 Brentford
Chatham 1 v 1 Horsham
Potters Bar 1 v 4 Hornchurch   
Attendance: 285

Contingency
Aveley 1 v 1 Bath

Barcelona Women 2-1 Chelsea (champions lg s/f)
Sheffield Utd 1-2 Burnley
Luton 1-1 Brentford
Chatham 2-1 Horsham
Potters Bar 1-3 Hornchurch  
Attendance: 331

Contingency
Aveley 1-1 Bath

4 hours ago, Adrian83 said:

Barcelona Women 2 v 2 Chelsea (champions lg s/f)
Sheffield Utd 1 v 1 Burnley
Luton 2 v 1 Brentford
Chatham 1 v 1 Horsham
Potters Bar 2  v 3 Hornchurch  
Attendance: 380

There's always one!  - Adrian, you came second so you've already been promoted!  

Anyway, the draw for the play-off semis, as randomly picked by the fair hand of Urchin Queen (you'll just have to believe me), is as follows:

image.png.b37a82cccdebf0306fdb5ea20bfc30c5.png

Good luck y'all

Jago.