Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Has This Season Been A Success?

8 hours ago, 3spirit said:

Being that I've lapsed from being a regular watcher of Slough Town FC this season I wasn't going to comment on this thread but couldn't resist.Scott Davies deserves huge plaudits for what he's achieved so far with his version of this Slough team. He and his management team have worked wonders in the two seasons they have been in charge. I'm not saying this lightly as I was a big fan of Bakes and Unders [his predecessors] and didn't want them to depart. Credit where credit is due, though, Scott has taken over a difficult challenge and has changed the style of how Slough play and has gone from strength to strength. A tenth place finish and a great FA Cup run is a fantastic achievement in what is only his second season in charge. I can't understand any Slough fan moaning at that.

I do believe the new owners of the club have given Scott better backing than Bakes and Unders got in their final season at the club.

Next season will be about how much money is available to strenghen the current squad because this is going to be a major factor in regards to a play off finish. Still a big ask for where Slough are as a club as a whole,me thinks? 

Reaching the play-offs will always a big ask for any side that doesn't have pots of money to spend and even then as Dartford and Havant found out money is no guarantee if not spent wisely.

As for it being a big ask for Slough, of course it will be but with the retention of the players we want to keep and recruitment of the right players to improve us we should have a fighting chance.

14 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Reaching the play-offs will always a big ask for any side that doesn't have pots of money to spend and even then as Dartford and Havant found out money is no guarantee if not spent wisely.

As for it being a big ask for Slough, of course it will be but with the retention of the players we want to keep and recruitment of the right players to improve us we should have a fighting chance.

It’ll be announced officially shortly but we might not be keeping all the players that we wish too unfortunately. But I’m confident Scott is in talks with decent reinforcements and we’ll end up satisfied recruitment wise.

Edited by GlenSTFC

23 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

It’ll be announced officially shortly but we might not be keeping all the players that we wish too unfortunately. But I’m confident Scott is in talks with decent reinforcements and we’ll end up satisfied recruitment wise.

As long as we keep the players that are the regular first names on the team sheet. 

Edited by Reading Rebel