Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Nick Boy

Jimmy Jackson

I attended the Exeter game at home earlier on this year, the F.A Cup tie... and as i was exiting, I don't know if anyone saw, but who should be sitting in the club, but Jimmy Jackson, I've just got a feeling his Gravesend through and through, maybe if it doesn't work out at the Daggers, he might return at the end of his contract, if we wanted him to, we most probably wouldn't buy him back...Does anyone know when his contract expires, and does anyone agree me... or do you think I am talking crap!

Hes a legend!!!

We would only need him back if Walshe doesn't sign next season. Otherwise a midfield from Sidebe McKimm Owen Pinnock Perkins Drury (Protheroe) looks good enough without Jacko.

Agree with FF, I can't see him making the starting line up now. IMO he struggled a bit last season and I was surprised when D&R signed him. Great memories but onwards & upwards, I say.

I think we should try to move forwards, look at our position this time last year? What's the point of trying to dig some of that back up? Jimmy was and is a Fleet legend, I can remember how shocked I was when he left!! Still, if he did return, his reliability and consistency would be matched by Walshe's flair and speed and Drury's skill and sheer clas

Hi Mike! I haven't seen you for ages, wierd of us to meet on here! Who is Michael playing for now?

All i mean is I wasn't as big of a football fan last year! So i didn't really get to see how good he was...

Nick

Hi Nick,

small world isn't it.

I see your making up for a late start as your name appears frequently on several forums.

Michael now plays for Gravesend Spartans in the Bexley League, a new team in their first season & it shows.

How about you.

As to the Fleet, it's great to see them become a strong unit after the very poor start this season & I think Jacko would have a struggle to get back into this squad.

Mike F

chat.gif

You are of course correct Nick, Matt does play for Spartans & a good little player he is although he is finding this league quite physical & some what tougher than the Gravesend League, but he tries to give as good as he gets even against the big ones thus being our only player to date with a booking.

I believe you went to Beauwaters Nick, is that right & if it is you will be pleased to learn that Dane has just left us to join Erith Town your rivals in the Kent League.

Glad to hear that you are with Spartans Fleet boy. My sons team are U14 yet all of them are 14, but at least he was 13 for the first few games of the season.

Shame about the Shrewsbury match being called off. I hope that they can keep the momentum going for a convincing win against Tamworth on Saturday.

Mike F

chat.gif

You are correct I joined Beauwaters, and I did hear that Dane had joined Erith, thanks for confiming it, was he finding life hard as a centre half? When I spoke to Glenn, he was talking to me about how he was being used as a centre back, and how he was enjoying it there.

You might also be interested that we have just reached the final of the cup, and we are due to meet Erith Town, which is going to be interesting meeting Dane for the first time since last year! The venue is at our home ground, which is handy for us!

Nick