Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Waltham Abbey 2 Enfield Town 0

gonzo with regards to us getting turned over on a regular basis HA HA HA look at the table mate?

yeah chopper your right mate there is many twists and turns left yet we are not even half way through yet! by the way it was dot com who got the second and he is claiming he meant it so get ready for some stick!

can i say one thing, i was next to the incident when it happend IT WAS NOT EVEN NEARLY A PENALTY so dont say otherwise, he made clear contact with the ball. But it was a BLATENT CORNER when we got a goalkick!

An honest post.

I dont know whether it was a penalty or not. I was not in a position to see and I have not claimed it.

I was in a position to see the two fouls leading up to the fall in the box which were blatent and next to the lino. There was no contact with the ball by 2 WA players but there was contact with Deano's feet. He did not roll around in agony however but kept going forward. One of the differences between the two sides I think.

I just could not understand the ref and the corner incident. I think the lino gave a corner but others who were nearer said he didn't.

Why was our "goal" disallowed?

are you talking about in the 1st half? if so our gk was pushed over the line by one of your players.

yeah honestly steph it def was not a pen. you say that was the difference a couple of your lads went down easy at times! if our players were going down too easy for your liking but you have to be realistic in your thinking! no need to bounce straight back up.

the corner one was very strange, probably hard for the lino to see that one but it was a clear corner. i didnt think the lino's helped the ref out. wasnt a really difficalt game to handle either, not too many bad tackles.

Quote:
are you talking about in the 1st half? if so our gk was pushed over the line by one of your players.

Well, I missed that but from what other Town fans said it you are quite correct and it should have been disallowed.

Quote:
yeah honestly steph it def was not a pen. you say that was the difference a couple of your lads went down easy at times! if our players were going down too easy for your liking but you have to be realistic in your thinking! no need to bounce straight back up.

I did see the penalty incident though (from the side of the pitch) and it looked blatant to me. Not from the bloke making the challenge but the one following Nyman into it.

Quote:
the corner one was very strange, probably hard for the lino to see that one but it was a clear corner. i didnt think the lino's helped the ref out. wasnt a really difficalt game to handle either, not too many bad tackles.

I thought that linesman had a particularly weird game. He gave Town the benefit of the doubt on most of the offsides and Abbey the benefit of the doubt on most of the other decisions. I still can't see how Asa wasn't given offside when he came from behind the keeper to pick up a pass!

It has been good communicating with you Pinnacle. You always appear to be reasonable and, you were number 4 yesterday I think, you behaved well rallied your side together and got them playing to the system which you have found successful. Best of luck to you.

But come on there was some gamesmanship there and the ref was hoodwinked on a number of occasions. The first booking for example. It was a foul and Paul, perhaps should have been spoken to. But was it deliberate? was it a mistimed tackle? This is the ESL and forwards miss certain goals in front of the goal line but they are not penalised to the extent that they get a booking like a defender. Defenders are not always going to time tackles right and would Paul have been booked if number 6 had not been rolling around as if he had been poleaxed. The foul took place on the touchline deep in the WA half with no danger of goalscoring by either side but then an Enfield defender early in the game has to be extra careful lest he gets booked again.

Later in the same half Matty got a blantant kick up the [****!!****]. Ref blows for a foul so must have seen it but no booking. Just what was going on! Oh yes Matty just got up and brushed himself down that was, perhaps, the difference.

What about the incident which I think led to the goal, though I may be wrong. You have a player down in the centre circle. We have an attack going and are clearly in possesion just in our own half with your defence straggled a bit. (IMO) And then the ref blows up so the "injured" player can get treatment. When the dropped ball occurs, not where play stopped incidently, Asa is not allowed to challenge for it but told to go away so that your player can kick the ball deep into our half. Your defence is now organised and we are out of position (straggled). Just what was the ref doing?

Regarding the 'Nyman penalty'.

This is my recollection of the incident in the second half:

Nyman cut into the box after avoiding two challenges. Two Abbey players came across to challenge him in the box. As he was taking them on, one of the Abbey players clearly missed his tackle and took Nymans legs away from under him.A split second AFTER this, the second Abbey defenderr slid in and won the ball. Fair enough the ref may not have been sighted,but the lino who had the same angle as me.He clearly saw the incident,but didn't have the courage to participate in the game.

steph cheers mate, i was number 4!

i agree with most of your post to be fair. i do think your player was correctly booked tho, he did dive in and catch our player (who was genuinely hurt!) and did not get near the ball. but our player should of been booked for the incident you say about!

when our player was down in the box it was genuine! altho it was our gk who elbowed him in the head!

At 2.15 yesterday i saw Carey wright, kitbag over his shoulder looking not very happy ,walking out of the ground.

I can only presume this was because Jim had just informed him that he wouldn't be in the squad.I find this very hard to work out. I feel Carey would have been unlucky not to make the starting line-up.Let alone not make the bench. We had a new player on the bench. A least 2 forwards and a defender.If Carey wasn't to start, he would have been my first choice cover for midfield.

i didnt get to see much of the game as most of the time i was talking to people but whenever i did look an abbey player was dying on the pitch?

at one point i looked as Town were attacking and the ball was being played and nearly scored; most players around that goal; one abbey player was crouched on the floor and looked up to watch the game, smiled, then the ball got played out so the ref was facing him and the players hands went to his head and he was suddenly in agonising pain; whilst ref could see.

anyone explain, or see the same?

i wasnt really watching the ball or the goal and other players, just this one guy, interested me.