Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

sad day

Quote:
we won you lost ..we won you lost

I struggle to understand how you managed to switch on a computer (let alone punch the keys to make that post). But well done.

Mean it Mick? - is that you?
In fact sorry Mick, I've done you a diservice - even you have a vocabulary of more than 4 words!

Quote:
100 fans support EFC.
250 support ETFC
= 350 in total.

It hurts to say this but both teams missed the opportunity today to find out where the other 350 come from and what they do on a Saturday afternoon or cold Tuesday evening.

Half the WAFC team were there, a few people that used to watch EFC but now go to see other clubs and a couple of linesmen/refs. That accounts for about 50 who would not normally watch either club.

With regards to the crowd, I was surprised it was as high as 614... I put it at about the 500 mark.

'Half the WAFC team were there, a few people that used to watch EFC but now go to see other clubs and a couple of linesmen/refs. That accounts for about 50 who would not normally watch either club.'

Half the WAFC team = 5 or 6

A few people = maybe 4

Couple of linesmen/refs = 2

How does that add upto 50. Hope you don't count the attendances at the Abbey!

Quote:
'Half the WAFC team were there, a few people that used to watch EFC but now go to see other clubs and a couple of linesmen/refs. That accounts for about 50 who would not normally watch either club.'

Half the WAFC team = 5 or 6
A few people = maybe 4
Couple of linesmen/refs = 2

How does that add upto 50. Hope you don't count the attendances at the Abbey!

Um... I actually saw more than 2 people from a past life! If I went into any more detail it would almost be along lines of the old joke about naming the crowd! By reading other posts, it is clear that there were supporters from other clubs and I know for a fact there were a number of ground-hoppers.

Let's just say either team could probably not bank on even 10% of the surplus crowd following them on a regular basis.

I don't get it! I dont't watch either team (ok slag me off for it!), however my late father was a big fan of EFC, before the sale/carve up of Southbury. I, and my mates, loved to go to the games (albeit very occasionally via the bar)

I logged on to see the result, which i can see was 1-0 to EFC. By all accounts ETFC did well. 'Happy days' or 'get over it and move on' whichever is your thing.

Two Enfield teams does not work especially with a shared ground and one playing 15 miles 'up the road'.

Enfield United is the way forward. Forget the past with that prat who killed the original club. Move on and make Enfield a united team and a great day out again. I'd love to take my kids to an ENFIELD game that actually means something, rather than mucking around at level 5.

I've read the posts, and seen the result/banter/rubbish about playing WAFC. FFS, win , lose or draw, it should never be happening!

But things should move on not back.

There IS only one club in the borough and we need to build on that and not try to tell people forget everything that has happened and start supporting this new club that has no history.

That would be more likely to loose supporters in the area than get anyone new.

Not sure what you mean Brunob. ETFC has a history of three and a half years, no more and no less, but I do not see this as a drawback or anything to be ashamed of, in fact I am rather proud of our club.

What EFC do is their business. But can anyone who knows about these things confirm that whether if they win Ryman 2, they will need a 10 year groundshare in place before they can go up to Level 4? Presumably we do too - what is happening about that, or is this not the case?

Make no mistake IF EFC come back to the borough it wil be disastrous for BOTH clubs. I have no idea how they will manage if they DON'T come back but that is their business. At the risk of being a doom-merchant it is clear that we need to go up soon too, or we will become another Brimsdown or Cockfosters very quickly (no offence meant to those two clubs).

IF EFC bring 1,000 fans to a cash strapped Ware do you think they would have problems getting a 10 year lease? Town has to have one as well!

EFC's declared intention is to come back to the borough! If they come back at a higher level than town then I agree oh Invisible One the fans might choose to give up on JC and follow DM. AFC W have motored up the leagues and we as yet haven't thanks to some unwelcome interventions by others.

But EFC don't have 1000 fans and even with promotion they won't have anything near that. We didn't always get 1000 in the Conference days! Sunday was a one-off, whatever the actual may have been. And doesn't the arrangement have to be in place by 1st April? Before anyone from EFC has a go at me I KNOW it is entirely your business!

Whatever level EFC are at if they come back (and wanting to isn't the same as being able to) it will divide the fan base in Enfield. With The Evil One gone and EFC back home, what quarrel does anyone have with them? I can see quite a few people going to watch both teams, provided they are at home on alternate Saturdays.

New fans will not know what to do, maybe they'll go to the club in the highest league, maybe the best stadium will clinch it.

So in the event that a stadium becomes available, just supposing, the two clubs are going to be in competetion for it. That makes a lot of sense doesn't it?