Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town 1 Eton Manor 0

Hawkeye Pierce

Hall, Allen, Negus, Gant, Campbell, Hall, Wright, Hall, Smith, Penn, Pamplin, Digby, Baldwin, Butler, Ndombe, Byfield

Gate 248

Town opened the scoring on the 11th minute with a cross from Matty Negus that was stomached in to the Manor net past the unlucky Prince in goal. This tended to inspire David Allen who appeared on fire for the town coming out of the watery sun with each attack making it difficult for the Manor defence. On 40 minutes David Allen volleyed just wide. Both David Allen and an inspired Asa Pamplin both had an excellent first half. Shots were not in great quantity as the Manor contained the town quite well and created the odd chance for themselves.

Second half Manor played well but failed to get the goal they sought. On 60 minutes the inspired David Allen cracked a volley from 25 yards just wide. Rudi Hall also had a shot just wide.

David Allen subbed by Lee Digby,

Maurice Byfield on for Asa Pamplin

Seb Ndombe on for Lee Smith.

Eton Manors no 3 off for two yellow cards.

An enjoyable game from a team that came to play football.

was great to ASA start, and surely proves that he should be given more time on the pitch

when i saw the line up before KO I thought it looked good, but the performance did not match expectations

but 3 points in the bag, and only off top spot by GD,

WELL DONE TOWN - keep it going

Yes i noticed that.The ref stopped his watch (or pretended too) for long periods in the second half.I was astonished that he blew up after just 3 minutes injury time.After adding 30 seconds for each substitution (as is the law).He added on vertually nothing.Even though there was a sending off and plenty of injuries in the second half.If he really did stop and start his watch everytime he motioned he was doing so.We would have added on at least 20 minutes.

Lets be honest.The ref wasn't up to it.He could barely move.Had no idea what was happening around him.He reminded me of a Westling ref who deliberatly misses everything happening behind him.He showed no control over the melee during the sending off.It don't think he ever got within 40 yards of play.

Yes Junior i do too, thought the Ace did enough to warrant a run in the team yesterday, what other options are there anyway? (sensible one's that is!!)

Didnt the defence look solid again yesterday........ Errr NO!!!

The wing backs motored up we lost possesion & the back three were all at sea, the idea of a back three i thought was that they should all be close together across the box at times (again!) we were all over the place.

Can someone tell me if Butler is injured, because if not i cant believe he doesnt start, i mean who would want a left footed player at left back!!

We keep gambling with this back three & we will soon come up against a team capable of finishing then we will come unstuck, lets face it our three league games since the turn of the year we have been lucky to pick up the points we have.

Ignoring the absence of a game next week (and why we are all off to Abbey) for a moment.

Personally no. I thought he did better work coming on for the last forty five minutes against Sawbo. I think Asa's last two starts have both been against Manor, and the one before that was probably Greenford. Its not convincing lineage.

Quote:
Quote:
Yes Junior i do too, thought the Ace did enough to warrant a run in the team yesterday, .....

wow hindsight! he got a run in the team yesterday but did he do enough for another game? gazza would you select him next week?

Yes i would, thought he held the ball up well yesterday, still in need of a "James Bunn" type striker though, someone that knows where the net is.
So what are your thoughts on the said subject ST?