Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Youth players

I think you'll find that recent additions to the squad of Leigh Mason and Ian Lovegrove are not exactly old, and we have Mike Parkin who is a great prospect. Then we have players like Seedel, Haddow, Harris and Carbon in their early 20s so its not as if our squad is about to keel over with old age is it. We've a good blend of youth and experience with a great team spirit. With all of the background issues I doubt we could afford to run a youth side, but blooding young players in the capital league has so far been fruitful and I hope that can continue in the future.

Centre.

Yes Slough used to have Football in the Community etc and Woody may well have gone to something like that. That was all lost when we losty our conference status and the priority was and still is keeping the first team alive. I think we can all agree that IF we got ourselves a permanent home and stabilised our financial future youth football is something we would like to invest in.

Mark Fiore was Football in the Community Officer after Super Mac became manager but maybe it was wound up before the loss of conference status. But it all comes down to money.

Quote:
we can't do it as I doubt WIndsor will allow 6 teams to play on that pitch

They don't all have to play at Stag Meadow.

The youth teams we are in talks with will be playing on local parks.