Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Info for SLE fans going to Wingate & Finchley FC

If you are planning on a trip to Wingate and Finchley's ground to view your team play there you may want to consider the following facts:

1) If you are taking children, be aware that you will be charged £4 per child. I have a 10 year old and a 4 year old and with my entrance fee being £7 was charged a total of £15 to watch an SLE game. That is more than double I would have been charged for a home game at ETFC!

2) If you are a wheelchair user you will be able to get to the perimeter around the pitch. However, there is a big bar attached to the top of the perimeter wall making viewing the game from a wheelchair difficult. I did not see any wheelchair spaces. In addition, if you like to watch from behind the goal this is nearly impossible as the concrete path around the ground is very narrow and at one corner you have to have your wheelchair lifted. There are also many odd steps and crevases around the ground which may cansue problems for partially sighted fans.

3) If you like a drink before, during or after a game then be aware that the bar has no beer on tap and they sell bottles of lager for £2.50 per bottle making it £5 per pint!

Rest assured, the Happys will not be making the trip to Wingate & Finchley again.

Wingate and finchley should hang their heads in shame. And no beer on tap what sort of place is that. I think it was the same bottled beer fiasco at edgeware last easter when we paid a mere £2 a bottle (£4 a pint) I cant believe someone has topped that place. No wonder wealdstone buggered off.

Wingate & Finchley have been a bottle only club for years, something to do with the licence and who ownes the club i beleive

As someone who is partally sighted I have never had any trouble watching a game at Summers lane, all i would say is i had to stand as the stand and seating is further back from teh pitch than other clubs

I don't think the license has anything to do with it. Having organised functions with alcohol being sold in the past, when you apply for a license you just inform the magistrate what type of alcohol you wish to sell. Normally that means either just beer and wine plus alcopops or all types including spirits. My comment re visually impaired supporters at Summers Lane were brought on by seeing one of our fans struggling with the uneven surfaces.

Junior. Make me happy and give me the winning 50:50 ticket this Friday!

sorry i just dont get that as a person that cant see the other end of the pitch with my glasses on so i gave up doing the match report if i could not see what was under my fett i would go and get a guide boy to help im not say the person you are talking about should but if they are that partially sighted they are really classed as blind

and thats not being masty just stating the facts

as for the comments on licence that all crap my happy wingate and finchley have for ywars only served from bottles and cans its he licence with regards to what they can and cannot sell and the cannot sell draught drinks i beleive they even sell [****!!****] in cans as well because of it.

Well, you're entitled to your views and I am to mine. I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of beer on tap is more to do with the logistics of a celler and correct storage rather than licence. HOwever, if bottles is all they can sell then why stitch supporters up by charging £2.50 per bottle when we all know that you can buy bottles of lager at Makro for less than £1 when buying in bulk.

with regards to the partially sighted supporter. I know what I saw. He enjoys watching the game in the light and the general banter. however, the pathways were uneven with rubble here and there and it was clearly causing a problem for him to get around the ground.

Quote:
Mr Happy said:
Well, you're entitled to your views and I am to mine. I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of beer on tap is more to do with the logistics of a celler and correct storage rather than licence. HOwever, if bottles is all they can sell then why stitch supporters up by charging £2.50 per bottle when we all know that you can buy bottles of lager at Makro for less than £1 when buying in bulk.

The simple answer is don't buy it, it's not compulsary.

Yes, but some people like a beer at the football. As there is no competition in a ground they can stitch up those who want one. this isn't the Premiership where fans are regularly stitched up, this is non league where I thought we all tried to get on for te good of the game. I was allowed through the main gates at W&F due to Having Shannon with me and then realised that I had not payed to get in and no one had asked me for any money. Wanting to support a fellow non league club I went back to the turnstile to voluteer to pay. how I wish I hadn't bothered.

I cannot be bothered to post on this thread any more. I am entitled to my opinion, have made it and will now let it lie. BRING ON THE SAINTS!!!

Quote:
Mr Happy said:
Yes, but some people like a beer at the football. As there is no competition in a ground they can stitch up those who want one. this isn't the Premiership where fans are regularly stitched up, this is non league where I thought we all tried to get on for te good of the game. I was allowed through the main gates at W&F due to Having Shannon with me and then realised that I had not payed to get in and no one had asked me for any money. Wanting to support a fellow non league club I went back to the turnstile to voluteer to pay. how I wish I hadn't bothered.

I cannot be bothered to post on this thread any more. I am entitled to my opinion, have made it and will now let it lie. BRING ON THE SAINTS!!!

Don't we all wish that.

Quote:
Enfield Blade said:
Wingate and finchley should hang their heads in shame. And no beer on tap what sort of place is that. I think it was the same bottled beer fiasco at edgeware last easter when we paid a mere £2 a bottle (£4 a pint) I cant believe someone has topped that place. No wonder wealdstone buggered off.

Edgware DO sell draft beer you pleb, as for topping the ground, at least we have one to call our own. And as for weadlscum [****!!****] off, best thing they ever did.

See you when Bwood play ETFC, you going to turn up?