Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting Reading On The Chelmo Forum

GazzaBTFC

Mr. Foster giving it large again. Shame he was low profile on Bank Holiday Monday. Obviously knew some wanted to have a chat with him. Brave of him to mouth off on a forum, eh?

http://p219.ezboard.com/fchelmsfordcitysoapbox84887frm7.showMessage?topicID=1998.topic

And Mr. Foster goes OTT concerning Pilgrim having an opinion. I didn't think you had to be forgiven to have a opinion...obviously when you're a Chelmo supporter you do....read on.

http://p219.ezboard.com/fchelmsfordcitysoapbox84887frm7.showMessage?topicID=1992.topic

Oh so the comment about forgiveness "would you forgive Hitler" is a joke aimed at forgiving the said gentleman....

You guys have a funny way of showing friendship.

Actually, I was just browsing but when I see the crap that Chairman Foster writes, it just encourages me to go "evil". One day I'll register on that forum but I can't be arsed with all the questions.

A few interesting points...

Having been with "Blockhead" and others on Saturday when we caught the final 30 mins of the England match in the New Lodge bar on Saturday, it has to be said their programme made interesting reading. Craig Edwards, in his column, blamed the ref and the pitch for the defeat on Monday instead of acknowleging his own poor tactical decisions in going stright on the defensive when 2-0 up. Found their programme to be generally on the negative side as it goes, but there you go.

On the subject of hostility what the f*** do they expect? It is, after all, a local derby. C*nv*y got worse, as do Boretree. They gave it back as well, a point they seem happy to ignore!

As far as the issue of gratitude goes, the necessity of the arrangement is weighted heavily towards Chelmsford. We would have found it easier to make the necessary budget adjustments that they would to find another ground that would have enabled them (eventually) to play in the DM premier within easy reach of Chelmsford. Maldon? Braintree? Heybridge? I don't think so...

In my opinion the groundsharing arrangement has run it's course and it is probably no sad thing that it will end some point in the next 12 months or so. The pitch will improve considerably for having less matches played on it - a reserve side (should we choose to play one) will play less matches than Chelmsford and will benefit the first team by bringing players through. We should be able to bring in a substantial amount of money through letting the clubhouse out for Saturday functions (weddings and so on).

Well it was just a perception but the columns (managers / supporters club etc) seemed to focus on the negatives - having a go at the pitch / the ref / the billericay fans.

Believe me I understand it's not easy to write this sort of stuff stright after a game when emotions are running high but if I can manage to write the editorial / match reports for tomorrows prog v Maldon without slagging off Craig Edwards for his 4 letter tirade at he ref on monday or having a pop at the Chelmsford fans for calling us pikies etc then why can't Chelmsford?

Personally I find the Chelmo supporters moan a bit amusing. Everything is evryone elses fault except their's. As for Edwards blaming the pitch (and the ref) for Monday's 4 - 2 defeat...so what do they account to their win on Saturday? Oh don't tell me, their superior team...so the pitch suddenly got better?

Edwards and the Chelmo supporters should concerntrate more on thier club then making excuses.

And as for Mr. Peter Foster, when will he have the balls to come on here and discuss his views...better still, pitch up and discuss them face to face. He is at best a coward...

Quote:
Simon BTFC said:
Well it was just a perception but the columns (managers / supporters club etc) seemed to focus on the negatives - having a go at the pitch / the ref / the billericay fans.

Believe me I understand it's not easy to write this sort of stuff stright after a game when emotions are running high but if I can manage to write the editorial / match reports for tomorrows prog v Maldon without slagging off Craig Edwards for his 4 letter tirade at he ref on monday or having a pop at the Chelmsford fans for calling us pikies etc then why can't Chelmsford?

I agree Simon, we keep our comments nuteral, given that a program is no place to "vent a spleen". I'm surprised that Chelmo lack the professionalism to do the same. Obviously another victim of the cost cutting.

Quote:
Simon BTFC said:

If I said that sort of thing in my programme column it would automatically be censored.

That I cannot answer. Can't say I've noticed it really.