Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 3-0 Windsor

Simon BTFC

Well we won, but it's fair to say that the horrific injury to George Lay overshadowed things a touch. Started well, couple of good early chaces with an early flick from lay and a deflected shot from Elder being saved. Half hour mark George goes in for a 50:50 and ends up on the deck in absolute agony. Stretchered off and whizzed off to Hospital in an ambulance, latest diagnosis seems to be ankle broken in 4 or 5 places. We wish him well.

Players obviously affected by the departure of Lay and remainder of first half pretty scrappy.

2nd half Windsor muster an effort on goal from a wide free kick that almost caught Millard out, but he saved and Trott hoofed the loose ball clear. Took the lead through Warren Ryan when he hit a shot from edge of area that seemed to go under the keepers hands. Matty Game made it 2-0 two minutes later when he volleyed in after Windsor had failed to clear a cross from Ryan. Hockers made it 3-0 late on when he finsihed off a Henty cross at the far post as the visitors defence disintegrated.

Team

Millard

Mustafa Sappleton Trott Kerrigan

Lay Game Ryan Collins

Hockton Elder

Subs

Henty for Lay (Henty played right wing, did well)

Bourne for Collins

Collins started well, delivered some good crosses but faded a little after half time.

Ryan was captain which surprised a lot of people, but passed really well (as did the whole team to be fair).

Not going to get carried away as Windsor were dire, but under the circumstances this was a good, and thoroughly deserved win.

Sympathy to George and hope he is comfortable. Our injury jinx continues although nobody can really blame the defender, it was pretty much a 50:50.

I was a bit puzzled by Warren being made captain as such a new player, I still see Robin Trott as the "organiser" who should wear the armband. But to be fair Warren played a very good second half scoring and making a goal.

What a difference a couple of goals can make, we started to play some good football towards the end.

Results helped us a bit last night with Hampden and Richmond losing again. Tough game on Saturday but if we can produce a good performance and then get our revenge at Heybridge we can get back into the playoff zone.

Well done lads fo the 3 points even if Windsor and Eton were the worst team we have seen this season. The game still had to be won on a cold and misty night.

Best wishes are utmost to George. I heard a rumour (and hopefully it is just a rumour) that his knee was snapped aswel. Either way the lad was in serious distress and by the looks of his mum so was she. But, I really hope that he can come through this especially for one who is effectively starting his career, and a local lad too.

Hopefully the team will dedicate the win to him.

Back to the game. Very much huff and puff first half, but second half we looked the fitter/stronger by far. Was pleased to see Bournie get on and he took the oppotunity to show what he can do. (Let him play more). Good performances by a number of players and Nathan will get that elusive goal soon ! Thought Tarks,Musti, was superb. Cross field passes, (now that opens a game up). Ryan is certainly a passionate player and deserved the goal. But it is a team game, so well done ALL. As said by Simon, not going to get carried away as Windsor were not particulary good anywhere on the pitch, but a win will do them good and sets Saturday up nicely against what will be a tough Worthing team to beat.

Obviously best wishes go out to George. A devastating thing to happen to a player who has only just set out on his career. Let's hope for a successful operation.

As for the game, it was only a matter of time before we scored. Bit fortunate with the first, but I think we've earnt that over the last few games. I'd prefer to have seen Henty and Mustapha swap as Mustapha is a much more creative player to have up the field. Collins had a good debut, other than that, it was cruise control.

Best wishes to George and his family, who were obviously distressed with the injury. I hope that he makes a speedy and full recovery from it.

With the game, we dominated but I thought the final ball let us down. For most of the game it was rushed. Saying that, when we did score, Windsor started to get their heads down and as Simon said last night, "get one and a second will follow quickly". He was right. We looked a different team when we got the first and then the second, full of confiedence and purpose.

My man of the match would be Warren Ryan and I agree that it was certainly a brave move to make him captain but Trotty still organised from the back, telling whatever players where they needed to go and encouraging the players ("Come on, lets get on the GAME. Do we WANT this?"). And Warren scoring on his HOME debut must've put the icing on his cake.

Onwards to Saturday. We're 7th and we need a run of results now. Worthing will be a different prospect than Windsor but the win last night will certainly give us confiedence. We're still in touch with the pack and a win will move us all the closer.

i think the result was more important than the performance last night. We did look much better once we had scored. Windsor were not much to shout about and are going to be in around the bottom by the end of the season.

Thought Waren was very good last night. I guess sometimes a manger makes a player captain to try and bring out other qualities in him. You know exactly what you are going to get with Trotty and he would perform the same with or without the armband. I think if these new players can all settle quickly and perform and hopefully with a few of the injured lads coming back sooner rather than later then we can get a good run going.

I think the lads deserve a lot of credit for carrying on and doing their job after seeing a team mate sustain such a bad injury. Tarks looked really shaken up by george's injury as did a lot of the lads. I agree it wasnt a bad tackle by their lad but it just shows how easy these things can happen. I hope George makes a speedy recovery and is not in too much pain right now.

Well done to the lads for last night. I remember a few years back I was at a game where a player suffered a broken leg in the previous game and at half time the subs went round with a bucket and the supports chipped in a bit of spare cash for the player, prehaps we could do the same. Not sure if George has another job but either way he is going to be out of action for a while. Just a thought.

A good result and a fairly good performance. Warren Ryan was outstanding last night and if he plays like that every week he deserves the captaincy. Muzzy was quality as well, should start at right wing on Saturday and take on the Worthing defence. Collins was a bit disappointing, but then it was only his first game. The defence looked solid, which was pleasing. Gutted for George as this was a great time for him to have a run in the team and impress. Hope he recovers soon.

--------------------------------------------------

www.billericaytownfc.20m.com

All the best to George Lay on a speedy recovery.