Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brayley

Paul H

Supporters that turn up time after time ARE supporting the club and getting behind the team because of that & the players should know that full well anyway. However a phrase for each player & not just for the one or two IS a good idea.Bellowing out for just a couple of players would have the others think they are not as popular or as important.It has to be said that any verbal abuse about players,(its not generally AT them) only occurs after the player in question consistenly fails to sparkle.A bad game here & there,a bad pass here & there,a bad interception here & there,a loss of temper here & there etc etc does not normally bring about such comments or remarks.Many fans are forgiving of the occasional lapse.Not EVERYONE however is able to hold back on their feelings at the time so lets not assume they can & thats only natural too in life.

It's in our hands. I asmit I cheered when Standen was subbed but it was a natural thing for me to do as I was delighted Gavin was coming on. But if we can all (or most of us) see that positive support is the way to go then I'm happy to go down that route and put my grudges to one side. It needs a majority of us though so we can outdo the moaners and hopefully our positive support will get through to the players. I admit its not easy when you think some players are not committed but I think its worth a shot for now if it means we COULD have better performances and results

Totally agree that we should expect the players to sweat blood on the pitch. But I'm prepared to take the view that some of them may be nervous and or lacking confidence for the time being. I could be more cynical but we are in December and I'm trying to put one of my upcoming new year's resolutions into practice! I think we will see more hunger from the players if they get more support. A lot of them are strangers to us but in time they could warm to Margate as a club not just for their pay packets but close to their hearts. I'm sure Bertie has been encouraged by his reception so lets try and do the same (grudgingly lol) however difficult it is.

Cookie, I would hope that both the players and fans are all pulling in the same direction.

The supporters are quite right to expect all the players to try their utmost in every game.

But I would not like to think of John Keister and Bill Edwards as 'temporary employees' whilst some of the 'permanent fans' approx 500 per home game did not appear last season.

You know EXACTLY what I am saying Zhuvov. Were these players here 30 years ago? Will they be here in 10 years time? No, and thats my point.Whether Margate fans go or dont go they are still permanent to the area whereas the players come & go.That was my point and you know full well what I was saying.As a result of my point I feel we have every right to air our views as it will be us in those 20 years time that will still be involved with the club whereas those playing today will be flown the nest.We have to live with what happens now they dont.There was no snub at any particular player in that comment as individuals.Whilst they are here they are indeed permanent for a few years thats true enough and we treasure their efforts good or bad whilst they are with us.They are OUR players whilst they are here and we look upon them as OUR players in the same way, but the fact still remains that they are still temporary employees with the MFC shirt on.I am in no way devaluing their presence here whilst they are with us.

No, but to call them temporary employees is a bit harsh unless you are talking about a player on loan.

As a fan I expect the players to give everything for the team I support. Those who don't pull their weight are the ones I will criticise, not those who try their best but for whatever reason don't shine for us.

I can think of one player last year who apparently thought he was too good for Margate and seemed not to put himself out (he is doing well this season elsewhere). Perhaps he was owed money, but even then his team mates were trying their best. That's the attitude I can't stand from a football player.

To get back to the subject: Brayley. Now he is probably too good for this level too, but heck he tries his best on the pitch. With men like him and good support from the crowd we have every chance of getting back where we belong.

I am sorry this post is a few days behind,i have been to busy to log on.Whether it is slagging of or positive critisism depends on who is giving it. If the person critisised does not know you from adam. The critisism positive or not will have a negative effect. I am afraid coming from A,N,Other supporter it is negative. Getting back to King Bertie the 1st of margate. He was a class above the rest on the field.I hope he is the catalyst and with the january transfer window we can pick up a few if not as good but close. Onwards and upwards.

I had a interesting conversation at the game against the invicta barrels,with Zukhov. he had seen four of last seasons players in a game. his comments about fitness were(especially Rocky and Annon) interesting. i am sure he could enlighten you and all.

Chris.I have stated that the players here are Temporary yes but in the sense that they are here only for a few years at most(most of them anyway).Of course they are Permanent in the sense that they are employed by our club at this time.

With all the other comments you make I am in agreement with especially about Rocky.

People are asking for Che to come back,for Rocky to come back but lets face it where they are now they are getting the support on the field hence they are scoring goals & doing better.They werent getting the service in the time they were here.

Back here they wouldnt get the same distribution. But then again with Bertie here now maybe that wouldnt be such a bad idea after all as he undoubtedly would give them the service they need.But thats water under the bridge now & no-way would they turn around and come back anyway when they are in successful teams as it is at present.

We have to build the team around Bertie now by getting better players in to help him out or by getting those playing now to have something rub off on them and learn from him.His inclusion will definately improve some of their games.