Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The same old story

Boney Crisp

Reading in the Gazzette today i saw that building work will now start at the end of the season instead of the turn of the new year. Is it me or have we been down this road before with building work start dates being changed when TC were playing us around and taking the pee out of us. I think that is what is happenning here and i think that if and when the club starts building work TC will somehow find an excuse to stop building work leaving Margate without a ground again and the club going under. I might just being stupid but i am expecting the worst. Up the gate

From reading the local it is obvious the project cannot start. Where would the team play if as stated the pitch is going to be turned around to fit in the development.

Unless the existing plans have been changed the pitch will not be 'turned around', just slightly realigned. Have a look here.

This looks like a classic case of 'chinese whispers'. The proper architect's word for any change of alignment is 'rotate', which has been taken as 'turning the pitch' by the IOTG reporter. The headline writer has taken that to mean a 90º turn, so we get: 'Big turn-around at end of season'.

Perhaps someone in the know would like to clarify this?

I can tell you for fact the planning application said the alignment will be the same. I have never been so sure than of this. The pitch is staying in the same alignment. It is just moving away from the road to make some space for a concourse. Ive seen the plans and spent some time looking at them the last time we looked at them. Ive never been as certain as I am right now.

Someone getting mixed up with the pitch that will be placed on Tivoli Park. The main pitch is facing Clubhouse End-Coffin End. An all weather pitch will be made at Tivoli Park which will face the opposite way. Ill find the link. Anone who is thinking that the pitch is literally being rotated 90 degrees is wrong and/or misinformed.

James,I for one wouldnt dare to question your authority on this as I am not in the know as much as you. Credit to you for going that extra mile to find out.But,& its just a but,why did they say "turning the pitch" when they could have said anything which could not have been so misleading. Why not just say a " movement". That would surely have sufficed.The paper does indeed say also that it will be moved away from Hartsdown road. Does this mean a little further or altogether? Maybe the wording of "turning the pitch" means just that..turning the earth over again.I dont know.But its something I feel should be clarified further as I see confusion coming about here. There was talk when we were up at the ground painting some months ago that a complete shift round was a possibility & this would tie in with that rumour in a way.Turning the pitch completely around has not just suddenly come out of the blue.Maybe the plans HAVE been changed YET again.It wouldnt be the first time & this could be a reason for the delay what with the council needing to see the new plans again before committing further, as well as the obvious turning round of the pitch which needs doing, obviously, when football isnt being played on it.Are you 100% sure there hasn't been any recent updates or alterations to the plans in that the pitch MAY be turned completely round.

Or this could just be a smokescreen for saying things arent in order by the club as much as we are supposed to believe they are. I cant believe the latter would be correct after all this time & I have more faith in them that this is not the case but it is a possibility we should bear in mind. Maybe the club should confirm EXACTLY what they mean by "turning the pitch". Maybe then we can understand the situation better.

I should just accept what you say and ignore words of this nature but it is needling me as I am sure it is others as to exactly what was meant here.

At the end of the day another 6 months isnt all that much to wait considering the wait we have had to endure up till now so whatever the reason,wherever its laid,so long as it HAPPENS for sure,then really it shouldnt matter either way I suppose.Its all just a little "NIGGLE" in my mind thats all.

Im sure we all have those worries and niggles in the backs of our minds. You arent the only one cookie.

I dont have any authority on this at all, so question it as much as you want. Im neither on the Planning Committee as a Councillor or a worker in the Planning Department. Im just a fan who attends Council meetings. Im just a layman.

I can basically tell you as fact, if the pitch is rotating, there is only two options; an amendment of the planning permission, or a new planning application. Both options require a return to Council.

Looking at the idea of rotating the pitch 90 degrees, Im thinking its rubbish and not true. Its not worth it. Itll take months to sort out.

Im not so sure about the terminology. Its wierd. Ill come back to you about it. Nothing to worry about. Either way the plans which were approved by Council are the ones being made into reality. Any change to them means an amendment or a fresh application.

In conclusion, I genuinely feel these rumours are wrong.

The plans are different because the plans you posted were the ones for the temporary stadium ie the ones there now. The ones I posted were the ones for the permanent stadium ie the one that the Club want to build.

Its wierd...there are a number of different plans. Im very sure on this one. I recognise the permanent stadium plans as being the right ones.

Thanks James. What you say makes sense. I am wondering where the pitch rotation comes into it.

The pitch definitely looks closer to the clubhouse terrace than it does on the 'temporary' plan. Perhaps they carried out a modified version of that, reinstating the pitch where it was previously. That would be sensible if the main plans were still in doubt, because otherwise they might have been left with a pitch at an angle to the clubhouse and with a big gap in front of the terrace.

Either way the 'rotation' is nothing to get excited about. Perhaps someone from the club could clarify that?

in the confines of the developement area.moving it further into the park should please the Man u fan opposite

I'm pleased the pitch will be rotated and moved in from the road. If we were to get into League Two and looked like doing a Donny or a Yeovil then it gives us more space to extend stands without needing to relocate and going through the cr*p that we have done all over again. Every club should be ambitious. As a side what sort of average attendance figure do you think is possible if we were challenging for promotion at the top of League 2?