Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Official announcement:

Fair enough. I thought Justin seemed a nice guy even though i never spoke to him, but i didnt think he had the soundest tactical knowledge.

However i too would like to thank him for his work at the club and wish him all the very best for the future.

As TC says Justin 'has left' the club, i presume this means he jumped, rather than being pushed?

i guess the Fisher issue puts a new slant on this now. Looks like Justin has gone chasing a pay day and regardless of if you think that his departure is a good or bad thing for us, it was Justin that said things about only wanting players that really wanted to play for the club, so what does he do? jumps ship. I cant believe he is short of a bob or two but it would seem money talks.

My concern is for the club as this could put us back a season as come the end of the season how many of our players that are currently under contract will want to leave? Im sure that some of them were playing for Justin more than for the club. We then have to rebuild a team again (some may say this is a good thing).

Personally, I think we need a manager thats been around this level for years and knows their stuff. No disrespect to Matt Jones here as Im sure as a coach he is more than able but for me Matt is still learing to be a manager as was Justin. To avoid total disruption to our club I would keep Matt on until the the end of the season, and if he gets us in the play off's then he would have earnt the right to have a crack at the job.

I'm the first to admit that I don't know anything about football in the Ryman Prem but, for me, if it was a straight choice between Fisher Athletic or Billericay Town, I'd want to manage Billericay, every day of the week!

The alternative sounds like a house of glass built on sand.

My best wishes to tc & everyone at New Lodge on sorting things out and moving forward over the next few weeks and months.

Agree with Paul. As soon as a big pay day is mentioned he leaves a job that he hasn’t yet completed (or had any success at) and he’s off to his counting house to count all his money. I’m not naïve to think that he was going to stick around for ever, but to go to Fisher who are in the same division and are watched by one man and his dog is hardly a step forward for him is it?! Having said that it’s hardly a disaster him leaving is it.

This is a great club both on and off the pitch and gives us an opportunity to make that next step forward and appoint someone who will add an extra dimension to the playing side. I would imagine that the next manager needs to be full time in order to be able to attend the daily training sessions. I’m not sure that this is a commitment that Matt Jones could give considering his work commitments is it?