Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Top of the Posts

Coffin Ender

Cookie - 4,370

FF - 2,362

michaelmichael - 1,512

jkmaskell - 1,335

Tony M - 1,232

MargateFan - 1,157

This forum is dominated by half a dozen people, yet many more look at it. Just something to take into account when considering if this forum is representative of the views of the majority of supporters of Margate FC (average crowd 700-800).

I think it would be safe to say CE that the majority of supporters dont use this forum therefore the majority do not get to have their say.I think it would also be safe to say that some of our views ARE shared by those that dont come on here in both negative and positive ways but without them actually coming on here to give those views we cant be sure. I just get the feeling though from what I hear at the ground from many of those on the terraces that their feelings would mainly support those that show their dismay rather than optimism.Just an opinion I have of having listened to them on the terraces. Whether they would speak out on here in the way they do on the terraces is another matter.Some people are shy of relating their feelings,whatever way round it is,if it means they were identifyable.As you say us on here are vastly out-numbered by absentee forum fans and as such any comments made on here should be taken by the players,if they look in, as NOT perhaps being the view of ALL people who attend and watch the matches.Therefore any negative posts as they are seen as or criticism of them should not be taken too seriously because of this fact & also because of this they should be able to take it into account when reading these/our/my posts & not get too downhearted because of them. Like you say in your post we are but just a minor percentage of the attendance figures & opinions.

Quote:
Coffin Ender said:
This forum is dominated by half a dozen people, yet many more look at it. Just something to take into account when considering if this forum is representative of the views of the majority of supporters of Margate FC (average crowd 700-800).

Some people just dont have a lot to say or dont feel a need to say anything, a few of the fans wont register for some reason as well.

Tbh this is just like any other forum i have been/am registerd to, you always have post farmers
& people who like to share there veiw more then others, after all is that not what a Forum is intended for?

Quote:
jkmaskell said:
We're being named and shamed because we say what we think?

'Saying what you think' in this world has led to hatred, war, genocide, misery and heartache.

It is no excuse to say 'I was only saying what I thought'. We all have a responsibility to think BEFORE we speak.

If your remarks (and I don't mean anyone in particular) could cause distress to others, even on a small scale like a football forum, you should be aware of that fact and moderate your behaviour accordingly.

Children who have yet to learn how to control themselves can be forgiven; grownups should know better.

Not much point in having a forum if we all agreed with one another. There's been some good points raised over the last couple of days about cutting out a lot of the negativity and they will have been noted, rest assured. The mix of opinions on here makes for good debate.

I doubt my comments on this forum have led to genocide. Anyone got feelings of genocidal homicide from reading my comments here?

Chris, Im not entirely sure who you are aiming your comments at. Im one of the more careful posters on this site and I moderate my language quite a lot based on who the recipient is. My point was more the point that those in that list come out and say what they feel. Why should we be seen as bad guys for doing that? We dont stop other people from giving their views. I know lots of Margate fans who dont visit this forum but they have more to say about the team than I do.

Quote:
seasidesteve said:
i recon uve got that wrong mate if more people stood up to be counted there wouldnt be half the trouble in this world.but this is a football forum not a world domination one so i wont say anything

There's a big difference between standing up to be counted, and shooting your mouth off at someone who can't answer back. In fact one is courage, the other is cowardice.

My remarks weren't aimed at any individual incidentally, as I tried to make clear.

Hi to all New to the forum so wanted to say im ready to join in with my veiws on CK and the players.Ck is a great manager and deserves alot of respect and the players althuouh sometimes bad are also sometimes good come on you blues

Oh dear! I feel the politically correct namby pamby brigade will soon be taking over this forum. As long as it does'nt incite violence, racism etc.. you should say what you bloody well like and like what you bloody well say. And I don't understand why people can't answer back-of course they can-it's their choice-unless they're not intelligent enough to. Somebody somewhere is always going to be offended by something-that's their problem. Often the imbecilic comments from certain Rams fans offends me and I'll either offer a retort or shake my head in disbelief but I certainly still believe they've got the right to say it in the first place.

This forum is at it's best when there's a good strong debate going on. Long live the debate.

Why cant people express their views, in honest and well mannered way...its when it gets abusive and personal i find it hard to swallow...from so called adults who behave worse than children at times...everyone has a right to have thier say, but others have feelings, so slanging matters aside and proper debates on the up ....please