Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Some positives from today - Yes, there WERE some!

Cookie

Bad defensive errors today early on again which left us having to climb mountains again. But coming forward(which we had to),we were looking very strong and dangerous.Why can we not go on the offensive like that from the off more often? Attitude was right. They all passed the ball around well once we had gone behind. Hasim did well in goal.Brayley again spearheading every attack.Hockton showing good skills though puffing a bit at the end.Introduction of Gradley certainly helped.

Considering his long abscence he did exceptionaly well & I have to admit that though it was only his first game back,my original thoughts of him as being just another ordinary player were wrong. He did show some good touches and had a cracker of a shot saved immediately prior to our penalty.He did look good I have to admit.

If only we could cut out these early defensive errors and play forward more as we did today we would win more than we lose.

Scoreline says a loss of 5-2 but the play going forward was much better and their goals in the second half were against the run of play really. Even taking into account Hasim being in goal & them having only ten men the team performed much better today and showed marked improvement. I know you wont believe that but i.m.o. we were on top for long periods of the game & we actually showed a lot of character today. The scoreline didnt reflect the the true story of the game but the two early goals once again were our downfall. Donovan had a nightmare today I thought.

Just early lapses in defence need sorting out.We cannot afford these errors against ANY team let alone a team of this calibre.I came away thinking that it wasnt all that bad and at the end of the day,1-0 or 5-2 it was still only 3 points that we dropped. Am looking for a continuation of the spirit shown in the second half today in our next game.Cut out those errors at the back and we have seen some positives today. I wasnt too unhappy with events today considering.

Dont know what others thought but to me we were equal to them if not better at times all but for those silly mistakes and goals against.Had it not been for those goals early on and if we had forced the pace from the off we would surely have got something out of this game.

I dont thnk we should get too downhearted by this result.

Its hard not to be downhearted when you lose 2-5 at home against 10 men Cookie but I was not at the game so cannot comment on the performance, only the result. Maybe the friendly on Monday will give the new players and those returning from injury an extra chance to gel and get match fit. The spectre of that fourth relegation spot is now ominously looming. We need results fast.

I thought overall we were better then Staines and if Mitten was in goal i feel we would have won. In the second half the players gave it everything and showed tremendous character even when 5-1 down. Well Done Hasim Deen not many people would have done what you done especially at this level. Lets hope we dont see that keeper again. I also have to praise our supporters who sang all the way through second half and i did not notice 1 person leave early lets keep this support up and maybe it might bring in results and then more support. Well done again support and keep going MFC players and support. Up the Gate

Agree with Cookie - Donovan and the new keeper didnt look at the races and nor really did Sesay but hes way out of position so fair play to him. Gradley brought us stability, Alex was running his balls off and at the heart of some nice moves. Brayley fantastic as usual, worked his heart out. Hockton, good movement - we need to play to him more often like in the last half hour when he hit the post from a great move. Overall I thought we were great second half admittedly against 10 men but much more positive and 100% committment.

Mike. No-one moreso than I will pass a negative comment if it warrants it.Today wasnt a day to give out many negative comments as they werent warranted apart from the early kamakaze defending.I think you all know that by now that what I say is what I see i.m.o and its not been often that I praise.The scoreline can be forgotten but the performance was much much better and more encouraging despite the obvious. Today WAS a marked improvement though enforced by being two goals down early on.That is the only negative comment I am going to make. Get that defence sorted out and do it ESPECIALLY early on.But it just shows what we CAN do if we assert ourselves from the off.Do this and those errors wont occur so much as we will be in there half and not in ours.First time this season I have seen SUSTAINED attack from our boys.

Believe me the scoreline really didnt tell the whole story.

How can you say we were better than Staines.They were playing with 10 men for a lot of the match.Most of you must see these games with rose tinted glasses on.I cannot se where the next win is coming from.Ican see when it does it will be too late. we will be saying Oh well at least we won a game. But we will do better in the Ryman Div1

Did you go today Teamster? If you did then surely you saw what I saw. Forget the two early goals, forget the man short,remember us having Deen in goal early on,remember Gradley being introduced prematurely.If you did go and saw the spirit after that then surely you would agree that overall we WERE the better side.(I know it might sound unbelievable) but i.m.o.it was true.Even when they WERENT down to ten men we were pressing them with in the same way. As I have mentioned the two early goals both sparked life into our boys but were also the two main contributary factors to us losing this game.

i think part of the problem lies with the fact theres no reserve team,players need to play to get their game fine tuned,fitness levels up to scratch etc,turning up week after week without getting a game must be a downer,some no doubt see it at the moment that no matter how bad the results are they wont get a chance to show what a difference they could make given a decent run in the side,i cant see things changing until we have ALL the players playing,be it first team or a reserve team football on a regular basis,mondays friendly might tell CK something,but you cant expect players to put in a top performance after doing nothung for weeks on end,well,thats my opinion as how i see it,i might be wrong,what everyone else think

Sorry we are a very poor team, not helped by the absence of Mitten, I agree.

We need a decent central defender (or at least try Kola there - he seemed reasonable). Move Keister to midfield or the subs bench.

Alexis, Hialire and Adolf are subs no more.

Back to the drawing board.

If Egan can play Monday he should have been on the bench today.