Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Some positives from today - Yes, there WERE some!

Cookie

Yes I did go to the game today Im not disputing the spirit But when you are playing a team that is 5 1 up and have clearly won the game you expect tem to ease up abit.so no wonder we looked better towards the end of the game. The fact is we still lost 2 goals in the second half when in reality we should have penned them in their own half and tried to protect the sub goalkeeper intead of giving stupid free kicks away.Alright we managed to score 1 in the 2nd half but the fact is we rarely threatened the goal in the 1st half and only scored with a penalty If as the majority of keep saying we really played well why do we keep losing? Not only this match but at Redbridge and the pathetic draw at Maldon. Where I hear we dominated the match but they were lucky. It can,t keep on going like this. when will somebody have the guts to admit something is wrong with the way we play before its too late I don,t want to have another drop in the standard of football Margate play and I don,t think anyone else does.

glad you agree gate watcher,all that happens is those players who possibly would make a difference get fed up,move on and we end up wondering why they went in the first place and show us what we missed out on,match fitness only comes about by playing on a regular basis,not sitting on the bench,maybe thats why the regular subs dont show out,because theyre not in tune with whats trying to be achieved on the pitch

[color:"blue"]I think that you can dismiss the two second half goals as down to the inexperience of Hasim (this is not a critism of him - he did a fine job and should be commended for taking the green jersey). They were both goals that a keeper would have prevented - though I'm not sure if McMahon would have got them given his poor display.

Everyone tried hard but there are still a couple of players who are probably not good enough. They tried but thats life sometimes players get found out and they did today. Im talking about the keeper and a centre back and not Bill or JK (though he is really really not a sweeper). We should play 4-4-2 and see how it goes given that we no longer get the advantage of a 5-3-2 which is width on the counter. The only time we did have width was when Bertie pulled out of centre mid to pull wide.

Agree with Cookie about the positives. O.k. we took a beating but we created a good amount of chances and I felt well entertained and that I'd got my eight quids worth ( apart from the result ). Couldn't really fault us going forward and there were a good amount of decent crosses of which more should have been made from them. Unfortuneately the defence seemed to go to sleep. Oates looks like he's overdone it at Xmas and Bill was out of sorts today. Won't mention the keeper. Another *^^!!+* ref did'nt help. Alexis' touch still worries me but you can see his heart is really in it and I still think he is quite promising. Hockton looked class and never stopped trying and Brayley-well I just hope we can hang on to him ( although I have a sinking feeling we won't be able to ) as this lad is worthy of the football league. All in all I'm not that unhappy about today.

Up until today I also said that things had got worse rather than better. But with Hocton up front now,who showed up well today might I add, & took his penalty well, together with the attacking trend,which incidentally DID start BEFORE the end of the first half it looked to me at long last that we were beginning at last to get men forward and actually SCARE the opponents defence. We were pushing up because we HAD to and because the attitude changed and NOT because the other team were sitting back.It was WE that pushed them them back! I agree however we must get out of those blocks a lot quicker. We mustnt be scared to attack in numbers.It does pay off sometimes and right now "sometimes" getting three points would be very welcome to us.

AS for being afraid to speak out against a modest if not poor team then I have to say to you that as far as that goes having me, of all people, put into that category beggars belief.Have you read my posts previously on other games?

Not too disheartened today. Thought that it was a complete contrast to last week's performance - today I felt we looked good going forward but poor at the back. Full credit to Deen for going in goal - he gets a lot of respect for that. Brayley was very good again, and Hockton seems like the type of player who WILL score goals. Gradley looked good when he came on. Fantastic support today - one area of the team which CANNOT be doubted. Anyway, do not think the scoreline reflected the performance. Still confident of a win next week. Up the Gate!

RE: Wide Left.If you have a personal opinion then you ARE right.We all have our own different opinions and we should ALL think that our own opinions are right otherwise why mention them. Keep your personal opinions coming because I believe that ALL opinions should be valid but can also be argued & discussed because of peoples differences in views.Dont give a personal opinion & then say you maybe wrong because it wouldnt be your opinion then would it?

Attendance,whilst still bettter than some of our counterparts IS dwindling and we need to address that either ON the pitch or OFF of it or BOTH. 593 I see! A slight adjustment on previous figures did you notice.

I agree that Margate had many positives today, first goal for Staines was to be honest due to ball-watching from McMohan and a BAD mis-judgment, Deen did well when in goal considering he let only two in. Hockton looked good today and pleased he scored that penalty to be what I hope the first of many goals. The only down side is that we did again let in early goals but I feel that it was a good performance as oppose to bad, we went close at the beginning of the second half and could have been very different if it was 3-2.

It is just a shame that we lost after a positive build up. I say BRING ON SLOUGH!

I would just like to thank TOD for altering the tilte of this thread.I have changed it back now. If you want to have a "no positives" thread start one up yourself. Lets see how many posts you get in reply after todays showing. By all means give your opinion in a posting.