Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Some positives from today - Yes, there WERE some!

Cookie

This is true Coffin-Ender for sure. Those that stayed away might not believe the positive replys on todays score. Hopefuly some will be persuaded that it wasnt as bad as the score-line suggests.To me it was a definate improvement & I hope SOME do believe SOME of us & take our word for it.We certainly need them back if we are to have ANY chance of acquiring more Brayleys & Hocktons into our team.

Have to agree about the support today. Right up to the end-even me in me mid-forties felt compelled to join in and it must be nice for the players to get encouragement like that rather than negative stuff hurled at them. If we can keep that up then the players will get a feel for that camaradarie and feel a part of the club and want to stay and see things through until the successful times return. A lot of humour today-Gate fans never cease to amaze and amuse and despite the result I felt like I'd had a good time.

Remember once when West Ham were losing 4 or five in a semi-final and the fans just kept singing and singing like it was them that were leading ( think it was against Forest ) so if we can keep it up it can only boost the lads.

Yup, 2nd half support was first class - even had to shut the PA box door to record the match details! Great stuff. Hasim gave an interveiw to kentishfootball.co.uk after the game and commented on the "great" Margate supporters. The players do notice and they do care.

Have to agree with cookie. Fan support absolutely superb today, it was great to hear the singing all the way through. Shocking start though, Keeper only moved to pick the ball out of the net until the third goal. Found it very worrying that Hasim Deen looked to be a better keeper. Looked much more impressive going forward. Also good to see that heads didn't drop. Could have been so much closer if we could shoot 2 inches lower though.

well what more to be said we were total crap lost 3-1 in first half and 2-1 in the second to 10 men. if they had 11 all game we would have lost 10-1.the fact we had no sub goalie was down to the manager and where the hell did he get that muppet from.we seem to get nothing but useless or injured players.i recon kinnear is a fully paid up member of crocks weekly and picks them out with a pin.apart from bertie forget the lot of em sunday footballers at best

Did you see nothing positive today then SSS. If not were you watching the same game as us? Yes we were beaten heavily, but I saw more life in the Margate team today than I have seen in any game since Fisher at HDP. Players were trying today. We do need someone who's not afraid to shoot from distance though, rather than trying to pass the ball into the net, too many people were looking for someone else to take responsibility for shooting. Have a go lads, you never know we might even score some.

Also wanted to say that I thought Alexis did quite well today. I have not seen him play before, circumstances only let me go to HDP, hence missing the last 3 seasons, but from what I had read on here, I was pleasantly surprised. Yes some control was dodgy and some passes went astray, but he never hid when things went wrong and kept running and trying all game.

Agreed FreeFred-I liked Alexis last year mainly for his effort and commitment. He's very keen and can only get better. Shame we can't get Peter Benevides back as well.

And to Victor Meldrew alias SeasideSteve get something for your memory loss and while you're at it change the bleeding record.

Seasidesteve. As you know I am a real admirer of yours in that you come out and say what you think despite others wishing to put you down for it. There are many others out there who wish to be as honest but wont be because they dont want to be shot at. On many occasions I have agreed with you wholeheartedly but I have to say that though once again,on the face of it the scoreline was an embarrassment,on paper,the effort from the players that we have all been asking for WAS there yesterday. O.K. the early goals against once again gave us a handicap but what the lads did after that was extremely encouraging to say the least.I too have never seen so much sustained attack from our lads as I saw yesterday. I think for once you may have got things a little wrong and for once could have said something positive. However,I am never one to stop an opinion so there we have it.

Think I'll stick with my version then. From pretty close to the PA box, I don't think OG is fair on Bill. The deflection will have slightly changed direction of the ball but the original effort was goalwards and not therefore OG in my view.

ok i agree they all tried their best but the fact remains it is just not good enough when we see real improvment then ill gladly:change the record: untill then if u read this forum youre all stuck with me im afraid.we all have the club at heart including me .i want nothing more than to see decent players doing their best for the team.and mr kirby i have never told u that you are wrong, we all have our opinions and no ones is more valid than anothers if we all agreed wouldnt it be boring