Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

"Chris Kinnear is a winner...."

JohnKirby

and he has got what it takes to deliver a side that will put us in a good position...

Some people just need reminding sometimes don't they...

http://www.thefa.com/Grassroots/Postings/2005/08/Margate_HartsdownPark.htm

"Margate have done exceptionally well to reach the Conference and to survive. As a one-time supporter of the Gate in the days when they used to play the likes of Wimbledon and Guildford City in the Southern League, I would never have imagined during their subsequent lean years that they would join Woking in the Conference and then proceed to beat us every time we played them!

Chris Kinnear, who previously led Dover to the Conference, has done a fantastic job on a tight budget at Hartsdown Park. Not only has he guided the Gate to two promotions to reach the Conference, he has managed to bring in some quality players to secure their top-flight status. In their two seasons so far, they have finished in 8th and 10th positions: a much better record than ours! This season has been tougher. Having to play all their home games at Dover’s ground, in addition to all the uncertainty over the club’s future, has no doubt been a factor."

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/pages/news.asp?ID=181

"Five years ago they reached the First Round proper of the FA Cup and with that appearance came the inevitable media spotlight. And it was not hard to spot the considerable bulk of one pop music personality who attached himself to their moment of glory."

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2002/12/33191.htm

"A Conference side beating a Third Division team is not so much a giant-killing as a school bully getting his come-uppance but Margate enjoyed adminstering the knock-out punch all the same."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,1527,-40603,00.html

"Chris KINNEAR (Manager) Chris was appointed manager in May 1996. His playing career began with West Ham United as an apprentice professional, before moving to Leyton Orient. He then joined the non-league circuit appearing with Wealdstone, Maidstone United, Barnet and Dagenham before joining Dover in 1985 as a player; however, he broke his leg, which prevented further appearances. Appointed manager in November 1985, he took Dover from the foot of the Southern League to the G.M. Vauxhall Conference winning the Southern League, Southern Division Championship (1987-88), the Southern League Championship (1989-90, 1992-93), Premier Inter League Cup (1990-91), Southern League Cup (1990-91) and Kent Senior Cup (1990-91). Has enhanced his reputation even further by guiding Margate to both the Southern League Cup and Kent Senior Cup in 1997-98, as well as a First Round F.A. Cup tie at home to Fulham. Two years ago he took Margate back into the Premier Division for the first time in 20 years, just three seasons into the job. In 2000-01 he became the only manager to win the Southern League title three times as Margate reached the Conference for the first time."

http://scarboroughfc.com/news/index.php?news=199

"Having said that, I don't think Chris Kinnear and Margate have been given enough credit for winning the title last time. They were a tremendous team, very solid defensively and if you get as many points as they did, you deserve to be successful."

http://www.brewersnet.com/media/media_19.html

START SUPPORTING YOUR MANAGER...

BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST MANAGER WE'VE EVER HAD.

http://www.margatefchistory.co.uk/clubhistory.htm

Admittedly older comments John, but it is nice to see someone supporting the manager. We all know this has been a bad season and I think everyone has disagreed with CK's decisions at some point this season, I know I have, but I still can not think of another manager I would rather see at Margate

Best support I've heard all season. Heard all the singing but its not easy to make out the words from where me and the missus have to stand.

The local paper says CK is after an experienced defender and midfielder. Danny also says after speaking to CK and KP on Weds night he was convinced he can win trophies here and get back to the Conference. He seems a confident player and Im delighted to have him on board. CK knows where we need to add players and as far as Im concerned he is the man for the job. If he has been given 3 weeks to turn it round that is SCANDALOUS and nothing short of it if its true.

I will criticise if I see players putting in below acceptable effort but today I saw character and heart from the players and supporters and it was a pleasure to see. More of this please and lets try and focus from the start of the game next time. Gradley really brought us shape when he came on but I would like to see a proper defender replace Keister and perhaps it may help. I can see what CK is doing putting Keister at the back as he may see this as gaining a midfielder when we go forward but in all honesty he looks out of position and out of sorts there and we rarely see Keister's vision and ability to their full which is a shame.

So if we can sign a good defender, which sadly in January there are very rare, then I believe we have the makings of a very good team. Someone needs to COMMAND from set pieces both for & against as at the moment we dont have that so that is the player we need to sign I believe. Its reassuring to know CK is chasing those players and I back him to sign the right ones after he found Hockton.

A very good post John. I dont think anyone has forgotten the past,but past it is, and we have to move on or get on with it! Goodness knows how many times the manager himself has said that! Chris IS getting every chance to see this through,moreso than any other manager would have been given so lets remember that also.With the introduction of Brayley & Hockton,at last,I for one, can begin to see some "class" coming into the side.We just have to improve on those two.Budgets DO come into it so it wont be easy I know.I think we will avoid the drop and as CK says lets hope that before the season ends we have those additions which will match the quality of those two we have here now & that from the off next season we are ready to force the pace in the division rather than come from behind and struggle.I also echo GW above in all that he says including his comments regarding JK.

CK has won back my support without a shadow of doubt. For someone who stayed with the club in its dullest days, saw great players like Sam Sodje come and leave, for us to be in Conference and now in the Ryman premier and to have to build a team from scratch is not an easy job and any other manager would have left. He has stayed loyal to us so lets be loyal to him from now on after all he is our manager and we should support no matter if we like him or not.

Any other team that had to rebuild a team from scratch wouldnt expect to be any higher up the league than us. We need results in next few games though as they are against teams around us. After that there's some tricky away games at places like Heybridge, Chelmsford, Hampton, Wimbledon.

It's near impossible to get 11 players in the space of a couple of months who will all fit in and perform as you would like. I'm encouraged by the progress. As long as we can sign a new defender as soon as possible we should be fine. At least CK admitted the defending was crap yesterday.

I agree with that statement to some extent. However we must realise that with the uncertainty of the club even being around for this season players of ANY calibre were not happy to join a club that was under a cloud as we were. So we end up with players unable to get contracts elswhere. To get the players that we need it has had to take a lot of work by certain people to re-assure those players,players especially with the class that we really require,to join us. That is now happening. Brayley & now Hocton. I am sure there will be a knock-on effect from this and that more players within their class range will now see that as they have put their faith in us therefore they themselves may wish to think again,to think differently to what they had thought previously.Normally I agree we should have a team ready & playing for the start of the season but I do think that this season has been an exception to the norm.The flow of better class players will,I am sure begin to flock to the club at more regular intervals now( money of course being available) because of the stand that Brayley & Hockton have shown, amongst other solid reasons.It needed just ONE player of class to stand up and commit andnow theres two. Hopefully come the end of the season,and with the avoidance of relegation secured we will have a team, but not JUST a team but one with quality players , playing together,training together and all raring to go TOGETHER next season.There might be excuses this year but next year no amount of excuses will be valid or should be accepted. We are NOW at last on the right track.Even I can see that now and we all know how critical I have been in the past.

Quote:
cookie said:
I agree with that statement to some extent. However we must realise that with the uncertainty of the club even being around for this season players of ANY calibre were not happy to join a club that was under a cloud as we were. So we end up with players unable to get contracts elswhere. To get the players that we need it has had to take a lot of work by certain people to re-assure those players,players especially with the class that we really require,to join us. That is now happening. Brayley & now Hocton. I am sure there will be a knock-on effect from this and that more players within their class range will now see that as they have put their faith in us therefore they themselves may wish to think again,to think differently to what they had thought previously.Normally I agree we should have a team ready & playing for the start of the season but I do think that this season has been an exception to the norm.The flow of better class players will,I am sure begin to flock to the club at more regular intervals now( money of course being available) because of the stand that Brayley & Hockton have shown, amongst other solid reasons.It needed just ONE player of class to stand up and commit andnow theres two. Hopefully come the end of the season,and with the avoidance of relegation secured we will have a team, but not JUST a team but one with quality players , playing together,training together and all raring to go TOGETHER next season.There might be excuses this year but next year no amount of excuses will be valid or should be accepted. We are NOW at last on the right track.Even I can see that now and we all know how critical I have been in the past.

Have you ever written a short post?

Whats up Alex! Cant you read past one line? Of course I have had short posts,admittedly not often, but thats the way I do things.I like to get my message across in its entirety and not have people guessing as to what was meant. Do I complain if people post SHORT posts. No!

You didnt need to "quote" my post. Just the bottom line of your post would have done.Your post,including the quote was longer than mine! Anyway does it matter ???????