Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Unique friday fixture

50th Anniversary of FA Amateur Cup Final v Bishop Auckland

On Friday 28 July k.o 7pm the Corinthian-Casuals will play Bishop Auckland in a pre-season friendly at Tolworth to mark the 50th anniversary of the F.A. Amateur Cup Final at Wembley of April 1956 which ended 1- 1 before 80,000 spectators.

All are welcome

Corinthian Casuals.. used to have some good matches against them when they were in the Spartan. Felt sorry for the players having to wear suits shirts and ties though!

What are peoples views on players attire? From a players point of view I think matching tracksuits and polo tops is the way to go.

Hendon played Bishop Auckland in the 1955 final in front of 100,000 !!!!! I think they played Bishops last season of the season before for a cup to commerate the fact. Must have been last year as it would havebeen the 50th anniversary

Quote:
NeutralFan said:
Corinthian Casuals.. used to have some good matches against them when they were in the Spartan. Felt sorry for the players having to wear suits shirts and ties though!

What are peoples views on players attire? From a players point of view I think matching tracksuits and polo tops is the way to go.

suits for home games, always looks good, and tracksuits mid wekk or away games in my opinion

Depend on what the changing rooms are like, most in the league are really appropiate for leaving suits and shirts in.. in my opinion anyway.

Having to stick a suit on in a changing room after a nice muddy mid winters game doesn't work to great if you ask me.

Quote:
neutralbob said:
Quote:
NeutralFan said:

suits for home games, always looks good, and tracksuits mid wekk or away games in my opinion

I like the tracksuit and polo shirts for all games. As an official I have to wear a shirt and tie to every game. i would prefer we got a tracksuit and a polo shirt to wear especially to some of the places I have been.

Quote:
paulb said:
What you doing getting muddy NF, all good players never get muddy, just ask NB, doesnt even get his boots dirty.

its a trick thats taken a while to perfect, but basically dont tackle and u should be ok!

Quote:
NeutralFan said:

Am I right in thinking they play in Kent? Anyone know of a player called Chris Stedman(I think that is how it is spelt) who played for them?

Quote:
neutralbob said:
Quote:
paulb said:
What you doing getting muddy NF, all good players never get muddy, just ask NB, doesnt even get his boots dirty.

its a trick thats taken a while to perfect, but basically dont tackle and u should be ok!

Worked for me too NB, dont tackle, best not to jump for headers, just in case you lose your balance on the way down.

Hi Kroons ! Don't forget the Nike gloves!

Blah Blah.. I know but sometimes you have to make those type of tackles when someone else has made a mistake!

Quote:
Horace said:
Hi Kroons ! Don't forget the Nike gloves!

May be a change Horace. In the middle of sponsorship talks with a well known knitwear company !

Quote:
NeutralFan said:
Blah Blah.. I know but sometimes you have to make those type of tackles when someone else has made a mistake!

Why would you want to do that, to be honest tried never to be that far back to have to do that.

HTFCew asked me to say "bothered!"

Quote:
Tubbsy8 said:
Quote:
NeutralFan said:

Am I right in thinking they play in Kent? Anyone know of a player called Chris Stedman(I think that is how it is spelt) who played for them?

Corinthian-Casuals have never had a ground in Kent, that was the imposters Corinthian FC owned by the millionaire Billings who riped of our name our history and our principles.

Our ground is at Tolworth in Surrey where we have been for 18 years, before that we were at THe Crystal Palace, The Oval, Dulwich Hamlet, Tooting and Mitcham, Molesey and numerous other grounds.