Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

The benefits of such a deal would probably never manifest themselves on the playing field at SSML level. However, it is likely that a useful relationship would be harnessed between the smaller club and their illustrious neighbours which would enable them to hold fundraising events, etc. where they could auction Spurs items or host dinner & dances with famous past or present Spurs players as after dinner speakers. The money from these could be put into improving the Haringey side and, ultimately, getting promotion to a higher league. Once that happened, they might find that Spurs would be more willing to "loan out" some of their academy/first year pro boys, thereby improving the Haringey team still further.

I've never understood why Spurs haven't considered investing in Coles Park to turn it into a stadium in which their reserves could play, giving mutual benefit to both themselves and Haringey Borough. That appears to be the line they are now going down with Enfield Town FC regarding the Donkey Lane site, but they could have done it at Haringey Borough years ago. Surely it couldn't be more convenient for the largest catchment area of Spurs fans?

Rhodes will probably tell you he had all this planned but it got blocked by Sugar...both of them!

Yes I believe all 3 have gone from Ruislip Manor FC. Certainly speaking to Shayne Chandler on Saturday he intimated that Lambourne and Kalu had departed but although he didn't mention Barker, I think he has gone too.

O and sorry to write 2 posts "rhodes 2006 style" but to give an opinion as to what you said Potters bar town, which was very valid, with so much work needed doing to the place (coles park), i believe the stadium just down the road "new river" where athletics and rugby is played, which already has a new astroturf pitch and alot more space to build on is alot more suitable a set-up for a team as prestigious as spurs, and so i think i am right in saying Spurs have just bought that place and doing what you just said to it!!!!

i was more shocked at Lambourne leaving then the other two, both being of good ability but Lambourne had started alot more games and i had thought he was starting to hold down a place in the side, do you have any idea for them leaving, to give an educated guess - could the departure of Julian Hudson have anything to do with it?

I think the Julian departure was a large part yes. I laso think the travelling from the other side of London might have had something to do with the Lambourne departure. However it might also come down to the fact that the manager didn't rate them as players and at the end of the day, he calls the shots regarding the playing squad.

Where is Rhodes? Still on his way back from Ruislip? With a registration cancellation for the Great AB? or not..

i admire your honesty Lato as always! but i do believe a certain Rhodes will not be seeing the same light!! Whats the odds that Lambourne he is back playing for haringay soon??

No problem Horace...I think everyone is eagerly awaiting his story if he did traipse all the way over to Grosvenor Vale.

By the way good to have you back.

Quote:
3praise said:
i admire your honesty Lato as always! but i do believe a certain Rhodes will not be seeing the same light!! Whats the odds that Lambourne he is back playing for haringay soon??

I think he is more likely to go back to Haringey than KTFC.

Cheers Lato - was never really away of course, as Rhodes supected, I was "cowardly" lurking behind my computer screen!

are you sure??? even though the great Clement Temile is there, OR even more important Rhodes is there?? if we are to believe all that we read surely with Lambourne and Rhodes being so close his signed Registration is already in the post?????

maybe..we shall see.

be interesting if the SSML applied the same rule as that regarding Tevez and Mascareno were players cannot be transferred twice in the same season (unless all clubs are in agreement)

I doubt it.

i do wish him luck, and if it was the travelling that was the key factor in him leaving then i find it a shame as from what i hear from him, or a few comments made on here he wasnt doing too badly at Ruislip?? maybe he was still finding his feet at a new club having been at Haringay for most of his adult playing career.

Quote:
3praise said: Say Haringay did set up as a feeder club for Tottenham, from under 8s up to the Sparten Midland Side, With the way that clubs take kids on at silly ages i.e 8 years old, any decent players that where brought up through the "haringay borough academy" would have been snapped up before they where 14 and so never sniff the turf at coles park, I am wondering if such a scheme was in place what would the benefits be for Haringay borough - Playing wise!!
I was in the process of setting all of this up at Haringey when 'Sugar' ruthlessly and 'criminally' pulled the plug on the initiative, there were little eight and nine year old kids in tears virtually being frogmarched off the premises by someone who has children himself, albeit not from a deprived upbringing or from the dog eat dog backstreets of White Hart Lane or the Broadwater Farm Estate.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
I was in the process of setting all of this up at Haringey when 'Sugar' ruthlessly and 'criminally' pulled the plug on the initiative, there were little eight and nine year old kids in tears virtually being frogmarched off the premises by someone who has children himself

They were Kentish Town kids, not Haringey's. And you were on the Committee of the Club that "frogmarched" them off the premises. Oh, how time blurs the mind.