Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Potters Bar Town - You couldn't be more wrong on this if you tried, the Kentish Town kids were another story entirely and it gave me an early insight into seeing the 'board' for what they were at the time even though my hands were tied and I didn't have a say in the matter or have the guts to speak up as I was fairly new to the Club at the time. I painstakingly set up a similar project at Haringey for local youngsters, many of whom were from deprived upbringings, the initiative was hugely successful with the Council, the Police, local School's, Youth Club's, Community Groups and Spurs all taking a keen interest and we were getting substantial amounts of funding on the back of it however

'Sugar' cruelly and unceremoniously pulled the rug from under me and I am still not entirely sure why, Rak will no doubt confirm this.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Potters Bar Town - You couldn't be more wrong on this if you tried, the Kentish Town kids were another story entirely and it gave me an early insight into seeing the 'board' for what they were at the time even though my hands were tied and I didn't have a say in the matter or have the guts to speak up as I was fairly new to the Club at the time. I painstakingly set up a similar project at Haringey for local youngsters, many of whom were from deprived upbringings, the initiative was hugely successful with the Council, the Police, local School's, Youth Club's, Community Groups and Spurs all taking a keen interest and we were getting substantial amounts of funding on the back of it however
'Sugar' cruelly and unceremoniously pulled the rug from under me and I am still not entirely sure why, Rak will no doubt confirm this.

On a serious note Rhodes, were you perhaps arranging things and committing the club to things without first clearing them with the committee. Even if they are laudable and noble initiatives with funding attached, a club still needs to have the infrastructure in place to cope with the demands these things place on them. If this is what happened then its no wonder the chairman pulled the plug as he is ultimately the man responsible for what happens in his clubs name.

Spidermanor - A fair point to raise but 'Sugar' was fully aware of what was going on, the initiative was all over the local press like a rash week in week out and there was a huge feature in a Haringey Council publication that brought the great and the good from all walks of life to the Club's door. 'We' were also put forward for a high profile 'Better Haringey' Award at an annual star studded ceremony at Alexandra Palace and came second in the overall award category, the Club's hierarchy, including 'Sugar' were all present and we had a display stand at the event which he helped set up and man. I thank you!

Surprisingly not very much has been made on here this week of the enormity of the Biggleswade Town v Haringey Borough encounter tomorrow and what is at stake at McMullen Park, would anyone agree with me that the losers are as good as relegated particularly as the psychological effect of losing would surely make it virtually inpossible to recover. I am almost tempted to give our somewhat meaningless fixture at Whitewebbs a miss tomorrow and take in the match which is sure to be eventful.

Might be because no one from those clubs posts on here, and that no one else is greatly interested in them. It's early days yet to be talking about being as good as relegated, isn't it? Both sides seem to have a bit of fight left in them, and I think you have to include Bigg Utd, Holmer Green and Royston Town in the relegation dogfight.

Horace - Haringey Borough have an army of connections who post on here and there is an individual from Biggleswade Town who occasionally posts. I think the three other teams you mention may well be down there come March and April time but will probably all play their get out of jail cards whereas Biggleswade Town and Haringey have probably run out of aces up their sleeves following at least three consecutive relegation dog fights. Haringey only survived last season because Brache Sparta's ground was not up to Premier Division criteria but it seemed Wembley and Ashburton Grove like when we were there a fortnight ago.

Quote:
Potters Bar Town FC said:
Quote:
Rhodes said:
Haringey only survived last season because Brache Sparta's ground was not up to Premier Division criteria but it seemed Wembley and Ashburton Grove like when we were there a fortnight ago.

Maybe it's just that you don't understand ground grading criteria?

PBT how can you say that, I sure Rhodes has memorised the FA grading categories F criteria "Mission Impossible style before they self destructed" as after all anywhere the Beduoins are playing next year will have to meet those minimum requirements.

Quote:
wadingbird said: I noticed the thread below about our new ground so thought I would sign up on here and keep the information flowing.My name is Danny and I have been a 'wader' for 9 years now. We were actually thinking of starting our own forum but this one is excellent and hopefully more of our fans will use it now. Cheers.
HTFCew - His name is Wadingbird. In addition to 3praise Haringey have DoctorWho, Brit06 and AllowIT to name just a few infact I have lost count, perhaps 'Sugar' will come on someday and post away happily or even Josie, that will no doubt delight Manic.

Rhodes - haringay staying up last year was down to 2 things, First of all the management that was put in place bringing a shed load of good/Quality players to record a 5 game winning streak, and 2ndly because to my knowledge it was due to the restructing of the league that only 1 team went down and not because of lower divisons stadia! I also remember a story being told of how you Rhodes nearly got Haringay Relegated last season which lead to your sacking, but will keep it stored up for a rainy day - or next time you write some more Nonsense!!

Interesting 3Praise i do believe Haringey can do a lot better with more interest from within the club, they had a good result today however the consistency is the key, the SSML division with the restructuring is even stronger now even though Potters Bar and Hanwell Town have moved on, Edgware and Hertford have brought further quality into the league.

i couldnt agree more, haringay can do better and its my firm understanding that a few foundations are being layed this season, as a few of our results have shown unfortunatly again you are right information zone Consistancy is the key something borough are struggling with, but with a few more foundations in place consistancy can become reality rather then just a 4 syllabul word!!

Quote:
3praise said:
Its my firm understanding that a few foundations are being layed this season
3praise - Yet another one for quote of the month, as long as 'Sugar' is at the helm at Coles Park the Club will sadly never go anywhere.

y is that one for quote of the month? is it not clear with some of the score lines haringay have produced that things are getting better?.....Rhodes a concept you might want to have a go at.....Have something to say AND have factual statistics to back them up!!

Quote:
Rhodes said:
as long as 'Sugar' is at the helm at Coles Park the Club will sadly never go anywhere.

As long as 'Sugar' is at the club, Rhodes will continue to be a sad, deluded individual who got himself sacked and banned from the club and, consequentially, has a huge chip on his shoulder and takes every opportunity to have any "pop" he can at the club he still professes to be a supporter of. What a wally!

Quote:
Potters Bar Town FC said:
As long as 'Sugar' is at the club, Rhodes will continue to be a sad, deluded individual who got himself sacked and banned from the club and, consequentially, has a huge chip on his shoulder and takes every opportunity to have any "pop" he can at the club he still professes to be a supporter of. What a wally!
Potters Bar Town - No not true, it's only 'Sugar' I have the problem with and not the Club who I want to see do well and progress, unfortunatly under 'Sugar's leadership that is never going to happen as he is not a football man in the true sense of the word and just a power crazy dictator.