Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Claremont Road

Yes but Hendon spent 50k on a feasibility study a few years back, what was the point of that if you weren't serious about moving to the stadium at the time. Now your situation has become far worse and you have been given notice to quit Claremont Road then surely it would only take between 10k and 20k to upgrade it to Grade C status and build a bar facility in record time as where there's a will there's a way.

No-one has ever denied that the club wasn't serious about it then. The feasibility study (which didn't cost that much incidentally) showed that more money than was reasonable was required to bring the stadium up to the standard required and to run the club there on an ongoing basis. Money in fact well spent by Arbiter PLC, since it's prevented them from investing in a white elephant and given HFCST the opportunity to pursue something that financially could work. I'll agree that the money spent on the pitch does appear to be money wasted, but had it not been paid up front and the stadium been seen as a workable move, then we could have ended up with a ground with an unplayable pitch. It needed a lot of work, and was necessary outlay to allow us the possibility of going ahead with something that the club was - as you say - serious about at the time. Fortunately, someone has benefited from that work in the long term.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by our situation is far worse though... we knew we were going to leave Claremont Road at some point then, we know it now. The only thing that's changed is we now know that that time is likely to be near. When we've got a financial plan in place that is more workable than the previous one, I would suggest that seems to mean we're in a better position, albeit still a precarious one.

This link to the Hendon Times would indicate that the move to Vale Farm was definite as far as Hendon are concerned and they have put all their eggs in one basket however Wembley are holding all the aces up their sleeve, they know that they have Hendon over a barrel and that if the deal falls through they are up the creek without a paddle:

http://www.times-series.co.uk/sport/3584968.Hendon_to_leave_Claremont_Road_for_Wembley/

The only other problem I can see with Wembley is that wouldn't quite a bit be needed to be spent on it for Hendon to play in Conference South? Hendon only just missed out on the play-offs last season, so it's not an unrealistic scenario. I can only assume that Boreham Wood's demands were too high.

Yes that's a fair point as although Vale Farm is a nice ground it's not quite up to Conference South standard, I think I'll give Graham Etchel a call later on to get his take, obviously he will be in the know.

Silver Jubilee Park home of Kingsbury would be the ideal location for Hendon but money would need to be spent to get a C grading.

The pitch looked the best I had ever seen it last night and the ground in general appeard spruced up.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
This link to the Hendon Times would indicate that the move to Vale Farm was definite as far as Hendon are concerned and they have put all their eggs in one basket however Wembley are holding all the aces up their sleeve, they know that they have Hendon over a barrel and that if the deal falls through they are up the creek without a paddle:

You're reading a lot into that. It says we're working with all parties to secure agreement. It doesn't say that it's definite, nor that all our eggs are in one basket. Nor does it say anything about Wembley's position. It's entirely possible from what's written there, that an agreement is signed in principle that is just waiting for a rubber stamp from the relevant authorities. It's also possible that we're at early stages. Feel free to call Graham if you like, but you'll be wasting your time... like the rest of us that know what stage everything's at, he's not going to say anything that's not in the public domain.

I'm really getting fed up of pointing out how flawed your assumptions are... would really help if you stopped it, because all this speculation could get quite damaging if it starts creeping beyond this board.

Coffin Ender - Yes, some work would need doing for a category B grading at Vale Farm (although there would be 12 months grace to get it done in, as is standard when promotion is earnt these days). The main one as it stands from what I can see and what I know of Vale Farm at the moment is the need for 6 turnstiles (I don't think there's that many in the block at the moment). Capacity and seat-wise it just about scrapes in.

I also think for a B grading you need a boundary fence which prevents people watching the game from outside the ground. I think at Wembley there is a section of mesh fencing at one end that has some kind of community centre and car park beyond it. Pic here:

http://groups.msn.com/wembleyfc/wembley2sandhursttown2.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1804

That would have to be replaced, but it's not the entire width of the pitch so not a massive job.

Originally Posted By: Hendonboy
I'm really getting fed up of pointing out how flawed your assumptions are... would really help if you stopped it, because all this speculation could get quite damaging if it starts creeping beyond this board.

Point taken although it's unlikely to creep beyond this board as you put it. What sort of agreement would you have with Wembley out of interest, presumably you would just be 'users' of Vale Farm on a groundshare basis and wouldn't be able to rule the roost as it were.

I've already seen several misconceptions from here cross posted onto a number of other boards sadly. Hopefully there aren't any others.

As you say, it's simply a groundshare and as I've said a couple of times, the ground would remain Wembley's, not become ours. I don't think it would be right to talk about the details at present until all the details have been finalised with everyone though. I'm sure you appreciate why!

Hendonboy - Thanks for that and yes I fully appreciate why you are playing your cards close to your chest. It would seem though that Graham will be like a duck out of water at Wembley, he likes to call the tune doesn't he and if you are only going to be 'users' of Vale Farm he won't be able to rule the roost.

So have Hendon played their last match at Claremont Road, if so they certainly went out with a bang beating Dartford 3-0

Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble
Hendon's 1st game is at Claremont Road with the remainder at Wembley. Hendon likely to get all gate receipts and half of bar takings.

SteveR - Well Barney Rubble says otherwiswe!