Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Claremont Road

The bit about the deal being only for two or three years with Loot intrigues me.....Didn't they sell out and change their colours? A bit like Chelmsford with infamous Red Card sponsorship?

And on that subject, why did Leyton Orient change their colours from blue to red in the mid-sixties?

Quote:
HTFCew said:
Maybe you can put them straight Rhodes?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will certainly fill them in.

Quote:
coupwotcoup said:
The bit about the deal being only for two or three years with Loot intrigues me.....Didn't they sell out and change their colours? A bit like Chelmsford with infamous Red Card sponsorship?
And on that subject, why did Leyton Orient change their colours from blue to red in the mid-sixties?

We had a chairman not that long ago (not Horace) who wanted to rename us as Hertford Tigers and play in yellow & black stripes.

Edgware will take some beating, although I keep being told that Broxbourne Borough V&E is outstanding - haven't seen it yet.

Quote:
HTFCew said:
Maybe you can put them straight Rhodes?
HTFCew - If for some reason there is still a problem with our groundshare with Hendon that I'm unaware of then I guess we will just have to cross that bridge when we come to it, I'm hoping that next season when we're in the Premier Division we will have our own ground as I currently have one or two irons in the fire in that department.

• 1 month later...

A press article on the future of Claremont Road for those interested:

http://www.barnettimes.co.uk/news/localn..._overturned.php

That is very worrying for many teams. For the Council to overturn the deed of covenant from recreational use to building use stinks!!

We have the same sort of thing at Canvey but our lease on the ground was renewed for a further 15 years.

I seriously hope that this goes to some kind of appeal and Hendon win.

Not good at all!!

Quote:
Paula said:
That is very worrying for many teams. For the Council to overturn the deed of covenant from recreational use to building use stinks!!
We have the same sort of thing at Canvey but our lease on the ground was renewed for a further 15 years.
Not good at all!!

Indeed not. Lots of clubs take comfort from covenants like that.

Quote:
Horace said:
Quote:
Paula said:
Not good at all!!

Indeed not. Lots of clubs take comfort from covenants like that.

Ours has one and fortuneately we now have a decent length lease but as we are all fully aware these sort of things are not worth the paper they are written on. Developer with a lot of cash and a council = Houses.

• 1 year later...

Out of interest what's the state of play at Claremont Road taking into account the bulldozers were lined up outside following the last game of the 2005/2006 season against AFC Wimbledon, perhaps SteveR can fill us in.