Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gutter Press!

Duke of York

Unfortunately Enfield Town had a bit of bad press in the Non League Paper today. The paper published a letter from an impartial footy fan who went to the Witham Town v Town game. He complimented Enfield Town and Witham Town fans for being friendly but he complained about foul language from the Town bench for the entirety of the game.

In my opinion football is a passionate game and a certain amount of heated language should be tolerated from the terraces. If the letter writer’s claim of foul and abusive language from Town staff has validity it might be worth mentioning it to the person concerned to prevent more bad press.

I agree Gazza. It does get way over the top. I think fans and staff should have the flexibility to express their emotions at a game without fear of the PC lobby and the language police. I thought it was worth pointing out because a lot of Town fans wouldn't have picked up a copy of the NLP today as we unfortunately were without a game.

It doesn't help when people like UU come on here to add fuel to the fire. Actually the person who wrote the letter came from UU's neighbourhood!

Quote:
Duke of York said:
I thought it was worth pointing out because a lot of Town fans wouldn't have picked up a copy of the NLP today as we unfortunately were without a game.

So what you are trying to say is: Townies only spend £1.40 on the NLP when they can read their 250 word match report and check the league table out?
Have you been to earth recently?

Can't F****** beleive it, our bench swearing, whatever next! I'm just grateful they show any passion for the game at all! Now put them alongside the legendary George Borg. Is it really that bad? I've no objection to the PC police finding alternative words for the dugout to use as an expletive.

Let me start the ball rolling with a few ideas;

- Oh goodness gracious ref didn't you see that?

- Should have gone to Specsavers Ref!

- Thats flipping unbeleivable that is not 10 yards.

- Did you see that dirty fouling person ref? He took him from behind.

- Do you know the flipping rules of the game ref?

- For flip sake squeeze

Anyone got some tips for alternative wording for the bench?

Quote:
coupwotcoup said:
Match reporting inaccuracies can be blamed on the club officials..not a lot can be done about that with the amount of games that are covered.

I have filed many match reports to the NLP that then get changed for no apparent reason by the editorial staff. Fixtures and results can be inaccurate and are fairly hit and miss. I don't personally consider it a very good paper. I will occasionally glance at a copy if I see one lying around but I certainly wouldn't waste any money on buying it.

Quote:
coupwotcoup said:
Quote:
The Horse'sMouth said:
Enfield Gazette never change what I write .

Excellent use of the queen's English..do they employ subs there then??

This is a message board not a piece of Shakespeare! You should worry more about whether your team will ever play at a standard higher than ESL and less about my English.