Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Osman Sesay

michael

Any word on the streets as to where Sesay is.

Again, not the finished article imo, and slightly surprised about the fuss over him; but a good option as a sub to come on in last 20 minutes as he is the one player with pace and ability to beat a man with pace, and above all, then do something with the ball.

(please do not reply that so has Robinson, because on what i have seen-three times-he does not have proper pace and/or the skills to beat a man in one movement like Sesay has .)

Sounds promising-never seen him, but yes have read positive posts on the forum.

Has he the physical prescence to survive at Ryman level or is he lightweight;and has he 'an all round game' where he can also support with defensive duties,or is he one of those wingers who just stand on the wing, look good when they have the ball ,but don't contribute for the other 85 minutes of a game.?

He supported the full back when we did not have the ball. Appears to be able to hit the ball with is left foot also as when he scored against Ramsgate but had two shots the other night with his left foot on target. He is a bit laking inmeat but does that matter if you are fast?

Quote:
wenger said:
if you want pace on the wing the try the reserves no7 stellon. Fastest on the pitch in reserves game and made a goal with a cross

When i saw the reserves play the first thing i noticed was the hole team seamed quite mobile, even the huge center back was suprisingly quick at times but that stellon stands out he looks very promosing pacey and quite silky when running with the ball.

I would agree wenger, he is very fast and does have a lot of skill. However, if I have to find a fault it is his crossing which is not accurate enough yet.

Having said that I have advocated on another thread that I would like to see him on the bench sometime and, maybe next Saturday against Whistable could be a good oppertunity.

I do honestly think that this lad does have the potential to become a fixture on the right wing in the near future. So a couple of sub apperances this season would be a good thing for both him and, the club.

Agree Joseba. He has the pace and stamina but just lacks that little bit of confidence when he reaches the line. You cannot fault his work rate and passion. Pace/passion is definitely lacking in the 1st team at the moment.

Who knows, that's why we changed the thread.

Yes he does Mark, have seen him twice for reserves & both times he skinned the full back, loads of times. As Graeme & Joseba said though just needs to concentrate on that final ball

Better than Sesay then? Can't really say Sesay's final ball is all that good either. Would be very good to see Stellon on the bench against Whitstable. Will send a message to the rest of the reserves that if they impress they might get a chance. Against Whitstable I'd like to see Robinson play out wide right and Louis Smith at right back. Proths and Macca in midfield. Surely we have enough in the tank with that talented team to beat them.

Not the game imo for likes of Smith, Robinson,Stellon.

Promising i'm sure but you play one at a time ,gradually for 25 mins in league matches circa November onwards.

For now, you use your main players-we need the experience and the physical attributes these guys bring to the game

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back to the topic heading, i don't suppose there is any news on whats happening with OSMAN SESAY.

Still on the updatd squad list, but no news of him whatsoever as far as i am aware.

Does anyone know anything ?

• 5 weeks later...

Pleasing to read he was back in the mix on saturday playing for the reserves.

Wonder what the story is there.

I always thought he was a bit over hyped by a few fans and especially by CK,but just the same, a good enough player to have in the squad-especially as a sub-and our only player with real pace.(i've not seen Dolton yet)

Sesay is still young enough to fulfil the potential,so glad he is back on the scene.

Report said he was not very special for reserves on saturday, but in fairness, if he has been out of action for about 3 months for whatever reason, it will take him a couple of games to get back into it.

For me-not a first team starter, but a great sub and who on the field, never let us down

As one of those previous fans of Sesays that you mention MM I must admit he hasnt really shown a lot when he has come on(very few chances I must admit) but the way he has been handled is there no wonder.He HAS disappointed me when brought on & he should be doing more when his opportunity arises.Cant really see that happening in the near future,can you? Maybe a lot of it was his or maybe his agents doing,who knows, but he certainly deserves more of a run out even if its on a more regular basis from the bench.I'm sure theres a lot more in his locker,if given the chance.But I agree Michael thus far he has under-achieved,again maybe through no fault of his own but then again maybe so.Perhaps I saw something in him that wasnt really there in the first place.The jurys out on this one for me,for now.

Good to see him still here though but then again maybe no-one else will take him.Who knows!

As I said in my report on Reserves, Sesay had some nice little touches & a couple of runs but really looked like he needed a few games under his belt to reach match fitness. Was good to see him back in the fold though.