Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reserves

BlueGate Alan

Good day all round I heard on Radio Kent that the reserves beat Herne Bay reserves 8-1 today at Hartsdown. Hopefully Graeme (Blueblood)will update us sometime, though he is probably working tonight

8-1 was the result. A result i am afraid which flattered. No not Margate but Herne Bay. If the Gate play hadn't become scrappy at times and hadn't lost concentration then it could well have been double that. I didn't see 100% of the game as i was doing refs teas etc. The number 7 got a couple (his 1st was a classic wingers goal( confidence is improving). Young Bagley got an hat trick ( 2 i believe were penalties).

2 late subs led to 3 goals. The first sub was a guy who in the words of the second subs father, all the years he and my boy have played together, that's the first time i have seen him score(he's a left back). The second sub came on in place of Scott Holden and immediately linked with Bagley to score himself. These two apparently were the two up front at Ramsgate last week when we played in the words of one of the dads a weakened Ramsgate 1st team. Herne Bay scored when through boredom i think the Gate defence had gone to sleep. Second 1/2 i only saw the Gate keeper make one save. The lino said the game was so one sided it was boring.