Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Scott Chalmers-Stevens

Cookie

I feel sorry for the guy having now recieved a disiplinary record because of two defensive errors by others.We will be missing a great keeper now but having looked things up I think I'm right in saying he gets a one match ban with immediate effect.Means he misses Tuedays game but no other.I may have read the punishment wrongly on the disiplinary/punishments page on the F.A site so can someone either confirm or deny that this will be the outcome with Scott from Saturday.

Charlie I'm sure will be an adequate replacement but I do feel sorry for Scott though.

My undrstanding of the ban situation is that they do not occur until 14 days after the event. Therefore, I think the ban will be for the match at Leyton on 28th. Also think the ban will only be for 1 match however, the Fa website should be updated when the ref gets his report in (probally Tuesday).

You are right in the fact it is only a one game ban Cookie but doesn't it take affect for another 14 days thus would mean him missing out on Leyton game?

Yes just looked it up again.I did read it wrongly.Thanks guys.

After 14 days it is for ONE MATCH.

"A player who is dismissed from the field of play for denying a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity by physical means or by handling the ball,will be suspended automatically from any domestic,league,league cup & f.a.challenge cup & trophy matches & friendly matches commencing on the 14th day following the match in which he was sent off, until such time as his clubs recognised senior team has completed ONE MATCH in an approved competition".

Available for tomorrow night then after all.I stand corrected on my original posting.Still feel for him though as those errors shouldnt have been made & shouldnt have led to the sending off in the first place.

The more bits and pieces i read about saturdays game, the more i begin to think thsat whilst result was a nightmare and MFC should never have got themselves in such a position, maybe the luck did not go our way.

Frankly, we used all our luck up in`Fleet and Whitstable ties so not a great surprise; but maybe we should not be quite so aggresive towards the players-.

Not there so hard to say, but it does seem we were a bit unlucky with the various things that happened ,and maybe the performance-whilst poor-was not quite as bad as made out.

The result will forever remain a disaster though

I think you are right there, Alex, but also we did start brightly, had the majority of posession, and looked the likelier team. But the old problem of the finish in the final third started our undoing, then the breakaway goal, and then the penalty, and finally the disruption of the goalie's injury undermined things, as early as the end of the first half.

Had Danny not been offside for the one he netted, we could have been looking at a replay tomorrow. Give him credit, he tried up to the end, as did Pinns and Holden, and in fact all of the team, but it would not go for us. And often in these situations, the more you try, the less chance you have of succeeding, as the shape and discipline go haywire with the urgency of trying.

Could have, of course, does not help at this point.