Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Great Uduma Kalu

Lol - I know but a case of mistaken identity, anyway flattered that you saw fit to Google my full name!

Uduma at Clapton last season in the FA Vase:

As I said Ruislip must be thinking all their Christmas's have come at once and who's that in the background Lato!:

What I can't understand is how on earth was he persuaded to go to Ruislip, he also lives in Finsbury Park and doesn't drive so travelling isn't going to be ideal for him:

Quote:
Rhodes said:
What I can't understand is how on earth was he persuaded to go to Ruislip, he also lives in Finsbury Park and doesn't drive so travelling isn't going to be ideal for him:

Probably the certainty that he wouldn't finish bottom of the table!

Horace - Well yes, I think you could possibly be spot on for once.

• 9 months later...

Folks - Guess who I bumped into today at Finsbury Park tube station about 8.00pm, yes that's right and he was looking in the pink of health. Uduma will be plying his trade at Welwyn Garden City this season who obviously did their homework knowing that he is studying at Hatfield College, unfortunately he was in a rush so I didn't get a chance to ask him about his brief spell at Grosvenor Vale last season but I said that I would take in a game at Herns Lane before too long so I'm sure all will be revealed soon.

Why oh why oh why does everyone keep rising to the bait laid by the clown prince of Kentish Town? Only UU seems to have sussed his game and it does not say much for the credentials of KTFC that they are quite prepared to accept the warblings of this cretin as club policy. Lets face it KTFC are a bunch of thugs left in the less than capable hands of inclement toenail and his bunch of merry halfwits, discuss! There we go Gary, a new poster for you to criticise without you having even the faintest idea who I am!

Originally Posted By: Septimus
There we go Gary

So you're into cooking then, I think that says it all. No doubt you are affiliated to Haringey Borough in some way.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Late strike sinks City in first pre-season game
25 July 2007
Welwyn Garden City 1 Enfield 2

A LAST-GASP goal sunk WGC to a 2-1 defeat in their first pre-season friendly against Enfield at Herns Lane on Saturday.
The Citizens went behind in just the second minute, but were level when Dan Griggs hit a scorching strike into the top corner.
Enfield then netted in the dying seconds to seal the win.
City put in a good display against a side that finished 13th in the Ryman League Division One North last season.
The E's have since been demoted to the Essex Senior League after financial upheaval at the club.
Howard Cowley's men came fourth in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division last term.
The City boss was happy with the display against Enfield.
He said: "I was pleased with the way things went.
"It was a very even game. They're a good side and provided us with a tough workout.
"Losing isn't a great worry. It's our first pre-season game and they've already had two or three. The result was neither here nor there."
Cowley has high hopes for the forthcoming Spartan South Midlands League campaign.
The City boss feels his side can improve on last season's fourth place.
He said: "We look as though we're going to be strong again this season.
"Over the last two years we've finished eighth and then improved to fourth, so we'll be looking to improve again.
"That's what we'll be focusing on and working towards."
Cowley has made three new additions to the squad during the summer.
Striker David Parkinson has signed from fellow Spartan South Midlands Premier side London Colney.
The forward was the Blueboys' top scorer at Cotlandswick last season.
Cowley has also brought in midfielder Dan Jones, who skippered London Colney last term.
Another new addition is young striker Uduma Kalu.
The 20-year-old University of Hertfordshire student has previously had spells at Haringey Borough and Ruislip Manor.
Cowley is looking to make some more additions to the squad before the start of the season, but didn't name his targets.
He said: "We've got one or two others in the pipeline.
"I won't name names, we'll just have to see what happens over the next couple of weeks."
"I'm pleased with how the squad is shaping up

Here's proof that Uduma really is a Herns Lane, it's a bit misleading to say that he had a spell at Ruislip Manor, five minutes might have been a more accurate description.

My point is that certain Ruislip Manor fans will claim it was longer.

For anyone remortely interested, Uduma Kalu made two starts for Ruislip Manor and four substitute appearances. I cannot really recall him making a telling contribution in any game other than contriving to miss an open goal at Hillingdon Borough from about a foot out with the whole goal to aim at and no one between him and the net.

Things didn't work out for him at Manor but I wish him well at WGC although based on what I saw of him and them last year if they have the same players my feeling is he would struggle to make the starting line up.

That blonde haired kid Harry Hunt has gone to Cheshunt, so he might get a start. He's not good enough for a regular place though.

Originally Posted By: Septimus
Why oh why oh why does everyone keep rising to the bait laid by the clown prince of Kentish Town? Only UU seems to have sussed his game and it does not say much for the credentials of KTFC that they are quite prepared to accept the warblings of this cretin as club policy. Lets face it KTFC are a bunch of thugs left in the less than capable hands of inclement toenail and his bunch of merry halfwits, discuss! There we go Gary, a new poster for you to criticise without you having even the faintest idea who I am!

and heres another new poster who thinks rhodes is K**B
gotcha1

M&E - My first reaction is 'the more the merrier' however I have to say I'm disappointed that I appear to be public enemy number one in some people's eyes, what have I actually done to warrant this other than to tell a few home truths. Which SSML Club do you represent out of interest.

3praise - Now you're back from your caravaning holiday in Clacton, or was it Bognor Regis, what do you think of Uduma joining Welwyn Garden City, I think it's a nice little move for him and he should pull up trees there despite what Lato thinks.

Paula was there last Saturday, perhaps she could give us her opinion if she can remember that is.