Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I wonder. 2 + 2 =5

michael

Topics: 16

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:45 pm Post subject: Players Exodus has started

Event: 03 Nov 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Official Site

http://www.crawleytownfc.net/newsdetails.php?ID=73

Quote:

Brown & Sappleton depart

CTFC - Posted 3rd November 2006

Defenders Danny Brown and Patrick Sappleton have both left the club.

Both Brown & Sappleton were given permission by the board to seek new clubs earlier this week and both have now left Crawley Town Football Club.

Danny Brown joined the Reds in the summer of 2005 and made his debut for the Club on the opening day of the season helping his new side to a point at York City.

Danny started life in midfield for Crawley, but his first few months were plagued by injury. It wasn’t until the arrival of John Hollins that Brown found a regular spot in the side. Brown was moved from his regular midfield role to left back and was handed the captains armband in February when the Reds earnt a point in a 1-1 draw with Gravesend & Northfleet.

From then on, Brown was an impressive part of the side which won five straight games throughout March & April and led the Reds to safety.

Brown started the first 11 games this season, but again injury plagued Danny and he lost the captains armband over the last few weeks to Ben Judge. Danny made his last appearance for Crawley during last Saturday’s FA Cup defeat to Lewes.

In total Danny made 40 appearances for the club and scored one goal during the 2-1 defeat to Hereford United in January.

Central defender Patrick Sappleton joined Crawley Town this summer and made his debut on the opening day of the season coming off the bench in the 1-0 victory over Rushden & Diamonds.

Patrick was mainly used from the bench throughout his time with the club, but made his first start in the live televised clash with Oxford United.

In total Patrick made 9 appearances for Crawley Town.

Everybody connected with Crawley Town would like to thank both Danny & Patrick for their efforts and we wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

Sorry to see Patrick go, looked usefull when he got a run out.

Admin edit: Story now quote and link added

He DOES always seem to want to play for us...for one game! I fully expect to see his name on the teamsheet once again in short while.It wouldnt surprise me in the least. Of course we should welcome him back IF he came back that is but despite accolades about him being dished around he would have to prove something to me. A few games in succession would be a start.

i believe he can only play for us in the ryman as the Gaaate hold his league reg.