Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Clement Temile thread

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Clement is a former World superstar from his playing days and is still worshipped in his native Nigeria, as the Ghana v Nigeria friendly at Griffin Park proved, I don't need to bang on about him at all.

priceless.

Lato - I don't crave attention, just the opposite infact, look when I disappeared from view that week and helped to raise a tidy sum for the City Farm, I was never happier that week and got 101 things done.

I will give 37p to the Kentish Town City Farm if you leave this forum alone for the next 18 months. I can't say fairer than that now, can I?

Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
I will give 37p to the Kentish Town City Farm if you leave this forum alone for the next 18 months. I can't say fairer than that now, can I?

Yes you would love that wouldn't you however make it worth the Farms while and I may well take a back seat until the end of the season, why not donate say £50, I'm sure you can afford it and you will be able to look yourself in the mirror when you're shaving.

Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
He could actually volunteer to spend the time that he wastes spouting nonsense on here helping out at Kentish Town City Farm instead. I'm sure they would appreciate the help.

What have the poor animals done to deserve him!!

Actually an exchange programme might work - Clip Rods on the farm with say a goat randomly hitting a keyboard posting on here.... or is that what we've had for the last few months.

Manorborn - Does this post mean that you are finally back in the fold posting regularly, we miss your town cryer duties whenever a new Club comes timidly out of the woodwork to test the water, albeit once in a blue moon. Do you wear a red cape for real and carry a bell if you don't mind me asking.

He's quite a big boy isn't he!

• 2 weeks later...

Folks - Just so you're left in no doubt about how highly the 'the great one' is still regarded I received yet another press enquiry recently via e-mail and thought that I would share this with you. Naturally I will be obliging the journalist with the information he requires regarding the impact he has made at our Club:

Dear Mr Rhodes,

Thanks for the phone number you mailed to me. I really am thrilled because Temile is one of the greatest footballers Nigeria has ever produced. Please can you mail your own number to me or anybody you feel can talk about Temile, the impact he has made at Kentish Town FC and what the future holds for him at the club.

I responded to the journalist today but won't post my reply as it may crash the Forum. Why can't you just give 'the great one' the credit he deserves, he's not overly ambitious or a glory seeker otherwise he would be Coaching at a far higher level possibly in the Premiership, Serie A or Bundesliga and you don't get every Tom, Dick or Harry taking a UEFA 'A' licence alongside the likes of Roy Keane and Peter Beardsley. He's happy to remain at Kentish Town for the time being as it suits him however I'm the first to admit that we are resigned to losing him eventually.

Well they can but can you imagine what is involved in doing that and the time and dedication required to reach that superior level, 'the great one' has earned the right to be at the very top of the Coaching ladder and he deserves huge credit for doing so. Much of the UEFA 'A' Course was funded by himself and it wasn't cheap, he had to virtually beg steal and borrow whereas Sunderland would have paid for Roy Keane to go, I think that also says it all about the man.

No I believe he still needs to dot some i's and cross some t's as is the case with Roy Keane who, if you recall, got preferential treatment to attend the course and was fast tracked due to him being lined up for the Stadium of Light job.

No I believe he still needs to dot some i's and cross some t's as is the case with Roy Keane who, if you recall, got preferential treatment to attend the course and was fast tracked due to him being lined up for the Stadium of Light job.

That's what happens when you've got a "name", talent, and someone significant who wants to employ you!