Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Folks - I got exactly the same response after Sir Trevor Brooking had phoned me personally to ask what he could do for the Club, I rest my case. I know Lord Triesman very well as I used to be his chief cook and bottle washer.

Perhaps but I'm certainly not telling pork pies, if anyone was in any doubt that 'Sugar' doesn't want to progress Haringey Borough then they can't be now and Allan Fenn must be wondering what he has let himself in for.

You sad sad man, please stick to your personal thread as i really am having trouble collating all this material for future reference. i am a busy man and unlike you i do not have time to keep going over old threads and new unrelated threads and furthermore it is costing me a small fortune in paper printing your kind comments from all those varying places. Thank you.

3praise - I have it on good authority that Lord Triesman's approval will just be a formality on 16 January so you might want to start compiling a letter to him now setting out what he might be able to do for 'us'. Feel free to e-mail me a draft first and I'll be happy to give it the once over.

How's the Christmas shopping going by the way:

http://orange.football365.com/Story/0,17169,8682_2994659,00.html

3praise - Sorry to trouble you again but I'm trying to catch up on some of my Community work, there are never enough hours in the day. I recently met up with my friend Gary Broadhurst who is now back working with 'our' illustrious neighbours following a spell with the Football Foundation where he helped pioneer and roll out the Central Government led Kickz project which Kentish Town are by coincidence currently working hand in hand with Arsenal on. Out of curiosity do you happen to know why 'we're' not mentioned on the attached link as working in the Community in partnership with Spurs on at least one of the initiatives mentioned, surely it would make perfect sense:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/foundation/foundation_aboutus.html

3praise - Many congratulations, this is exactly the sort of thing I had in mind for the Club as a money making scheme, well done:

http://www.greenmantraining.co.uk/

Kindly note that, as expected, 'our' fixture with Sport London e Benfica is off today due to a waterlogged pitch, I'm surprised and disappointed that mouthpiece for the Club, namely 3praise, hasn't been on to inform us already

Quote:

BOROUGH go into the New Year as leaders but with our own game being called off some of our challengers took the opportunity to close the gap. With Kentish Town's pitch also unfit we were spared the possibility of being ousted from top spot but narrow wins for Hoddesdon Town and Stony Stratford Town have increased the pressure on us. Next Saturdays match at Stony Stratford Town is now of huge importance as defeat would see them overtake us on goal difference. In fact anything except a Borough win will probably see us knocked off our perch as there are three teams poised to take over from us if we falter. The game between Sport London e Benfica and Kentish Town will also have a huge bearing on the table as will Bedford's game with Hoddesdon Town on a Saturday which see six of the title chasers paired together

This is the message on 'our' Website this evening. I was just wondering whether Mr Panayotiou was actually notified of the postponement, and, if so, whether Mick Ewen diverted him to another fixture. Does anybody know as I will need an analysis of his performance.

Couldn't agree more about next weekend Rhodes the website has it spot on.

Just going back over a few posts and found you detailing Bedford's failings however what went unsaid is our ability to win 3 points no one has done that more times than us this season,(including against a certain Kentish Town), and i can honestly claim genuine reasons to our under performing at Hoddesdon and Stoney where a serious of stag do's and holidays decimated our squad.

Do i sound like Benfica ???? got there excuse book for christmas alk

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Couldn't agree more about next weekend Rhodes the website has it spot on.
Just going back over a few posts and found you detailing Bedford's failings however what went unsaid is our ability to win 3 points no one has done that more times than us this season,(including against a certain Kentish Town), and i can honestly claim genuine reasons to our under performing at Hoddesdon and Stoney where a serious of stag do's and holidays decimated our squad.
Do i sound like Benfica ???? got there excuse book for christmas alk

smile But seriously McMullen, if that is the truth, what is wrong with what you have just said. Surely this forum is to inform and discuss. If people do not want to know the real reasons why a team is under-performing, it is their choice to ignore the information.

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
Surely this forum is to inform and discuss

I think there is far more to it than that including holding Club's and individuals to account for their actions without fear of them going crying to the SSML hierarchy like seven year olds who have been called names in the playground (no names mentioned). I think the Forum is taken far too seriously sometimes by a number of members, in particular Football Man, Lato, Spidermanor and Horace as I feel the bottom line is that we all do a good job in publicising the SSML, through this popular Forum, in the true spirit of non league.

I speak a little rhodesian and what he basically means is that anyone who regularly doesn't agree with him or who catches him out is deemed to be serious in his opinion. And when it comes to crying to the authorities I have lost count of the number of times Mr rhodes has said he will refer the matter/report the post in question to Ian because someone has said something he doesn't like.

But don't forget above all rhodes needs to be the centre of attention hence his constant bad mouthing of people to provoke a reaction.

Lato - Why do you feel I need to be the centre of attention, I don't and think you are getting me mixed up with Football Man who definitely does. He meticulously chooses his matches so as to maximise his welcome and avoid like the plague grounds where he will not be made welcome, for example he used to frequent Bridge Avenue on a regular basis until having a spat with Uncle Urchin last season and hasn't been anywhere near there since.

Football Man - Why were you up so early this morning out of interest, you must have had a good reason, an early flight to Amsterdam perhaps from London City Airport.

So have you been back to Bridge Avenue then since your spat with Uncle Urchin, what made you say what you did to him anyway as it was a crazy outburst, you're normally so careful not to commit yourself unless you're absolutely sure of the facts.

Firstly, I was up early as this is a working day for me.

Secondly. I'm not sure which "spat" you refer to. I certainly don't recall a "crazy outburst". Such things are, I believe, your speciality.

Thirdly, I have visited Bridge Avenue very rarely in the last few years, both pre and post alleged "spat". Apart from the visit with Potters Bar last year, I think I have only been there two or three times in the last five years or so - and one of those visits was for a Shenfield AFC "home" match! Therefore, your suggestion that I was a "regular visitor" there is well wide of the mark and another inaccurate assumption on your part.

Fourthly, it seems that you are the one that isn't absolutely sure of the facts. Mind you, nobody who reads this forum will be surprised by that!

PS - you may be interested to learn that one member of the AFCH committee (Bionic II) tells me everytime I see him (last time at D&R v Accrington) that I will always be made welcome at Bridge Avenue.

Originally Posted By: Football Man

Secondly. I'm not sure which "spat" you refer to. I certainly don't recall a "crazy outburst".

Football Man - A comendable try but we'll see what Uncle Urchin has to say when he spots your post later on and comes out to play