Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

I never thought it was him and still don't!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: 3praise
Hi Rhodes!!!! im back!!

So I see. Actually I was sure that you were Ged as you mysteriously vanished off the face of the earth as soon as 'Sugar' ruthlessly and unceremoniously showed him the door!

So that was your attempt at irony was it?

Originally Posted By: Horace
So that was your attempt at irony was it?

It was just a throwaway remark and I wasn't at all serious however if, in the unlikely event, 3praise is Ged then I obviously hit the nail on the head totally by accident

Originally Posted By: Rak
So far its started well for the new manager.
Haringey Borough 3 - 2 Cranfield

Rak - I thought that Allan Fenn watched this game from the stand and 'Sugar' picked the team unsurprisingly claiming all the credit when 'we' scraped a narrow win against the division's whipping boys!

Well if you must know, Aki picked the team as Fenny didn't know enough about the players and positions etc.

But Fenny was in the dressing room and on the bench, instructing his troops to the victory against a much improved Cranfield side.

Rak - Weren't you unhappy when Ged was unceremoniously dismissed by 'Sugar' having shown great loyalty by sticking with 'us' despite 'Sugar' getting the Club relegated last season, he could have easily left after the 5-1 defeat at Royston. 'Sugar' then tried to cover up his actions by making out Ged had resigned and had decided to sever ties with the Club, even his biggest fan 3praise was disgusted by this and he finally saw the light as to what I had been baning on about for the past sixteen months or so.

I like Ged. But as regards to his position, that is not my concern. I think there are many flaws with what you have just said.

I don't really want to discuss it but a relegation and a 5-1 defeat are nothing to be proud of, as a club or as a manager. I think anyone who has experienced them will agree.

Why do you see it as Ged showing loyalty to Aki and not that Aki had shown loyalty to keep Ged after the relegation?

Compare with the many managers who have faced the sack following a relegation.

I am not airing my personal views as to the job he was doing or if he should or should not have been sacked, just hi-lighting a few of the things you said that just don't make sense to me and mean I can't even really start to have a debate about it even if I wanted to.

Sorry...

Thanks Sir Trev, sorry Rak.

Like I've said before why do you continually defend ' Sugar' to the hilt, you give the impression the sun shines out of him and won't have a bad word said against him but his record as Chairman of the Club is shocking and even this season hasn't been straight forward when on paper 'we' should have maximum points being the Man Utd of division 1. Surely it would have been better to continue with Ged rather than change Managers mid season no matter how big a reputation Allan Fenn has, no doubt he is going to want to bring his own players in who will take time to settle in and by then 'we' will need a pair of binoculars to see Kentish Town disappearing over the horizon.

Rhodes - Ged resigned, and was not sacked, as I stated on here first when it happend. He was not happy as he did not have total support from the club, even with the team placed second in the league!

3praise - You've suddenly changed your tune, you said that Ged was sacked a couple of weeks ago when it happened and the Tottenham Journal article I posted at the time also confirmed he was sacked by 'Sugar'.

Rhodes sad news tonight. Borough manager Ged Searson resigned after todays game. The team had been struggling with injuries and absentees in last couple of weeks which resulted in the loss of 'our' unbeaten record, and also todays defeat.
I have been told the reason for his departure was not full support from all members of the board.
A big shame as we are joint second in the league and in the last eight of the cup.

Why don't you read more, instead of making things up again. So where does it say that he was sacked?

3praise - I haven't got time to find it now but just after Ged 'resigned' I posted something from 'our' Website if I recall with a quote from 'Sugar' which you contradicted, that in itself was a first and you went on to say that he was sacked which the Tottenham Journal confirmed the following Thursday. Why have you suddenly changed your tune, have you been threatened with violence by 'Sugar's' henchman Kevin.

I must admit I got the impression that he was sacked from the postings and info that came out at the time. If that wasn't the case it so be it, but it seemed confused to say the least.

The loyalty thing is true though, it works both ways. He was supported after the relegation and retained the job. I know of managers who have been made unwelcome immediately after gaining promotion or having just had a really good season! That's football. Other matters usually come into it and it's not always easy to see the real reasons behind a dismissal or 'resignation'. Only those really in the know will have all those facts, the rest as usual can only be rumour.

Originally Posted By: Wader
I must admit I got the impression that he was sacked from the postings and info that came out at the time.

I thank you, there is some sort of 'cover up' going on as the press article from the Tottenham Journal clearly states Ged was dismissed which the journalist James Callow confirmed when I last spoke to him.

but if you check the timing of my post it was way before the article was published and any message was put on the website.

but hey thats something Ged and the people at Haringey will have to sort out.

Rhodes what in your opinion is the main driving force behind KTFC's surge to the top?

Rhodes what in your opinion is the main driving force behind KTFC's surge to the top?

Do I really need to answer that, obviously Lee Scott!

No I'm not saying that at all but obviously you are going to miss a player who is good for 35 goals plus a season without breaking sweat, if you had bothered turning up at the Copthall Stadium you would have seen for yourself what he brings to the table.