Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

A Football Club for five to fourteen year olds has kicked off in Crouch End. Louis Dainty runs the Total Football Academy at the Hornsey Cricket Club grounds in Tivoli Road with qualified coaches every Saturday betwen 9.30 and 11.30. At half term sessions will take place from Monday 22 October to Friday 26 October. The cost is £80 for full sessions from 10.00am to 3.00pm for all five days, £45 for half days Mondays to Fridays, either morning or afternoon, £20 for a single day. The piece then goes on to give Louis's contact details

3praise - A question if you don't mind regarding the above article that appears in this weeks Tottenham Journal. Is this an initiative involving Louis who seemingly heads up the 'Total Football Academy' or is Haringey Borough involved, if it's the latter then this is exactly what I had started up at the Club and which 'Sugar' was so set against

I note that this question has still not been answered and avoided like the plague, how much did 'we' make out of the half term sessions last month which seemed rather over priced

Football Man - You're forgetting that I'm very active within the Haringey Community and if there is a serious case of overcharging youngsters for Football Coaching sessions during half term holidays then the appropriate Cabinet member needs to be made aware, who by strange coincidence is a Councillor for the White Hart Lane Ward and a personal friend. It may be that the Coaching sessions run by former Haringey player Louis Dainty, under his 'Total Football Academy' banner, have nothing to do with Haringey Borough in which case that's fine however something tells me 'Sugar' has his finger in the pie.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
You just seem to be sticking your nose into somebody else's business YET AGAIN.

Originally Posted By: Rak
To answer question...
Total Football Academy is Louis' own project and nothing to do with Haringey Borough or its Youth Set Up.

Rak - Do you have any concrete proof of this, can you text me Louis's mobile number so I can get it from the horses mouth

I run the youth set up at the club and I can assure you we don't run any soccer schools at this time. However I would like to wish Louis the best of luck wih his project. I know he sometimes reads these boards.

I would also like to praise the work he is doing with our U14s, he is assembling a very talented squad of local kids.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Rak - good performance from your boys last night. Your dad was impressed with the 'keeper!

Ahh so you were there. I would have liked to say hello. Although I don't think we have ever properly met?

We have a great set of lads and next season we should be a real force to be reckoned with =)

The keeper Edison is very good and only playing at 50 percent, as may have been obvious, he is carrying an injury which needs to be sorted out.

I should think Edison will get a break from first team duties now. That will give him a chance to recover from injury. He's still a very good shot-stopper though.

I tend to turn up quite late for youth games and leave straight afterwards, but I'm sure we'll get the chance to meet properly one day. I was going to watch you at home to Hillingdon next Wednesday but John Bacon says that game was brought forward and you've already played them (that moves Kentish Town reserves v Royston reserves one place higher up my shortlist for that night - to 12th! grin).

Originally Posted By: t3rr11
I heard about the chairman, and it's not good news But The side are doing reasonably well and it shouldn't take much to get them up - Fenn knows some good players and can make it happen.
There were others in mixer for this job!!! - But Fenn obviously showed good credentials.....

It looks like someone else has got 'Sugar's' number from the Essex Senior League Forum!

Good luck to Allan Fenn this afternoon for his first game in control of Haringey Borough against Bedford, we'll see what he's made of and what everyone is raving about.

An excellent start for Allan today however from what I understand there is a flaw in his character and he is susceptible to throwing in the towel at the drop of a hat if things aren't going his way.

We all have flaws, clip Rods. Fenny's flaw is that he does tend to overdo the "throwing a wobbly" and it perhaps loses its impetus as a motivational tool, whereas your flaw is that you are a complete prat who thinks he's on to something because he's got wind of some information that he thinks nobody else knows! In fact, no, your flaw is that you are a complete prat - end of sentence!