Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

An appeal to the public of Thanet

Cookie

Dont expect too much tomorrow morning Ramos though there might be small mention of it in there. Fridays is the more likely but even then I dont trust the media to do the right thing. No disrespects to Craig with that comment as I find him to always be accomodating if he can.It will be down to his boss I should imagine.

The more comments I get on here though the more chance of something being printed.I shall remind Craig of this thread AGAIN tomorrow in readiness for Friday.

Quote:
Frankie100 said:
Surely anything that puts Thanet in a good light is better news.

Thanet needs all the good news it can get..And both clubs being succesful is great news. The derby on boxing day looks like being a really big event locally.And its not often that a match does that in Thanet.

Sorry to put a dampener on it "Cookie". Its not the biggest news of the week.

A Councillor(who shall remain nameless) opened his eyes long enough to sneeze in a commitee meeting the other day. Causing the meeting to be abandoned due to the "Sneeze" leaving the more elderly members in need of treatment for shock . Know, "Thats" front page news.

Seriously though, your right.

Been told that some councillors upset about my comments describing them as having a "could not be bothered" attitude to the Remembrance parade.

Seem to forget that they are there to represent US the local population.

As for committee meeting surely more a case of a councillor was discovered dead in a meeting and had been for 3 years. It was only discovered when they found he had not cashed his attendance allowence cheques that he had been paid

Come on now this is a serious thread & Craig(Sports editor) will be monotoring it & hopefully we will get something out of it.Lets not make things more complicated or hand him any unwanted ammunition about anything but this subject.Am not being a spoilsport but am deadly serious about getting some DECENT coverage across to the people of Thanet.(sorry Alan I couldnt be doing with the one worders).

Well I know from doing the cricket reports in the summer, the deadline for Fridays paper is tomorrow lunchtime. So my pleas is Craig, if you can try to influence the lovely young lady who is editor, please try mate.

Actually for Friday Alan the deadline is WEDNESDAY.I have just been in contact with Craig funnily enough & spoke of that. He confirms that unless we got our wires crossed. He's really doing his very best to get us on another page other than the back one or the inside back page & I know he has made other enquiries so anything we come up with will be considered.He has & will be looking in on this thread with interest until such times as they go to edit so please give him your true beliefs & thoughts on getting crowds back in again,because of this "special" time when BOTH Thanet teams are well placed.

We have therefore another day to do this.The more the fans comment the more chance of persuading them to do something. No guarantees mind you but its worth a try I think. Thanks to everyone who has so far contributed.Im not asking for you to agree with ME but just give your true feelings as to why we should have front page coverage on this,if indeed you DO want that.Remember though that I cant guaranteee anything but your comments may make the difference & may make this happen.

End of preach. Sorry people I dont mean to. Its just the time limits for going to press that I am concerned with at this time!

Well for my sports reports it was Tuesday but other pages must be different.

Well Craig if you are reading this as Cookie says it is not often football puts Thanet on the map and to have both teams first & second at the moment has to be good news, amongst such depressing news we seem to get. A good coverage will hopefully not only encourage the floating fans to come back either to Hartsdown or Southwood id from Ramsgate area. I know with my dealings with you that you always gave the cricket good coverage & I know you will try your utmost to do your best with this request. Thank you.

Quote:
Cookie said:
Thanks to everyone who has so far contributed.Im not asking for you to agree with ME but just give your true feelings as to why we should have front page coverage on this,if indeed you DO want that.

The reason anything goes on the front page is that it sells papers. And i think that there are thousands of football fans interested in this story.So it could and should be on the front page.
The crowd on boxing day is likely to give the whole idea of supporting the local teams a real boost.

I only buy the paper for the sport news (for that, read MARGATE news).

If you went by the normal pervy content of the front page you would not be inclined to buy it unless you lived there.

News media globally, nationally and locally always seems to accentuate the negative and the miserable. Be nice to see something different. Life is not all bad, and football can raise the spirit in a town like nothing else I have ever seen.

ANOTHER THREAD DETAILS HOW cHARLTON ARE TRYING TO HIJACK SUPPORT FROM tHANET.

mfc (AND INDEED rfc) NEED ALL THE HELP THEY CAN GET FROM THE LOCAL MEDIA TO KEEP THAT 'FLOATING SUPPORTER' IN tHANET.

(sorry for caps that i 've just noticed)

No-one says its the medias obligation but it dosent hurt to ask them to help out.Gets the message across in one fell swoop then. Of course we all have to do our bit but isnt thats whats being done here to some extent.

Craig is still monotoring this thread so please give your comments.Thanks for that CE.Surely helps I'm sure?.

Was a bit disappointed that nothing concerning this was mentioned today(apart from the local derby) but I have more hope for Fridays edition though.

I obviously haven't seen the local yet as they charge a fortune to send it to Leeds but it would be good if they could mention something. After the ref cost us lots of supporters on Saturday by initially cancelling the game if only a few extra people were tempted to our next home game by a bit of positive publicity that would be a good thing.

As Sky saw fit to feature an elderly Bulgarian ex-international who is now involved with Hendon it seems odd that a situation where two local rivals who at one point were league apart and are now one place apart isn't a bigger story.

To be fair, I think Craig Tucker does a good job compared with the rubbish Dave Cooper usedn to trot out.