Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

An appeal to the public of Thanet

Cookie

I posted this on the Ramsgate forum & thought it would be a good idea to do it on here too. Just in case SOME may look in who dont post or who are just onlookers,to show them just what brilliant football & results BOTH Thanet clubs are getting these days.

--------------------------------------------------

Ramsgate conceded to give us top spot but the fact that BOTH clubs in Thanet are 1st & 2nd is a tremendous achievement at this time. Rams for proving everyone wrong that they couldnt maintain their form in this league(though the final standings will show the true improvement in their squad). Us,although with classier players(on paper, but now showing it on the field too) for overcoming an indifferent start to the season.Both clubs should be commended on this "double top" today & at this time it dosent really matter who out of the two are taking poll position its all a good advert for Thanet football.(though of course I am slightly biased,naturally).

Two teams with two different styles of football but both getting the results required & heading the league table.

I appeal to the public of Thanet(not just Ramsgate & Margate)to come out & see for themselves just what they are missing.

Come out & support your local CLUBS, yes CLUBS.

They are both doing the area a big service & complimenting the isle of Thanet.Dont be left out. Come out & swell those gates.Come out & enjoy a day or evening away from your normal activities. MAKE AN EFFORT!! You wont be disappointed!

Next scheduled Home game : MARGATE V STAINES this coming Tuesday! 28th Nov. 7.45 PM KICK-0FF Hartsdown Park

Please check before coming re: the weather & pitch conditions.

Thank you Steve & Geoff. We should now be getting that elusive 1000 through the gate.And to be perfectly honest the Rams should be getting many more than they are now what with their improvement & consistency.

If the initial post can make SOME difference then I think it was worth mentioning.

Margate FC.TARGET 1000.Come on.Lets get that amount coming along to Hartsdown now,even on a Tuesday evening!

NO excuses for bad weather.NO excuses for bad form.NO excuses for indifferent results. No excuses to stay at home. No excuses....get down to your local football teams matches.

As for Ramsgate FC.People of Thanet,support them.

preaching to the converted "Tony". Send it to the papers.

I agree with Gate Watcher. The papers are always so negative about Thanet. It would be nice for them to say that Thanets football clubs are at the top of the league and that we should celebrate that. Heaven knows, Ramsgate needs all the money it can get it if wants to upgrade their stadium up to Conference South standards!

Reading about perverts and career criminals can go to page 2 for once.

Quote:
blueblood said:
preaching to the converted "Tony". Send it to the papers.

I appreciate that BB & I will indeed send a copy to them,though probably to late for Tuesday. Watch their space! However there may still be others that come on here & just browse whereas before they may have come along to the games. Obviously it is those I am targeting on here.Of course us regulars need no persuading.

Anybody undecided as to whether to go to Hartsdown might be interested in this comment by a Tonbridge supporter (spotted by Wellsie):

Quote:
AndyT said:

Margate were a f****** amazingly good team. I can now see why they won 3-1 at Bromley. Their technique and movement off the ball was a joy to watch. It was one of the few times I've not been totally gutted watching us lose - because they were just fantastic. Simple as that

Excellent Frankie. I would do but I'm still on leave.Mentioning that, it hasnt given me the chance to pay back all those Ramsgate supporters at our depot for all the previous occasions when I have had to take THIER boasts.Now I have that opportunity to show off about our good form & results & I'm still on my hols. Still I'm sure I will make up for it when I get back on Thursday.Its all stored up inside of me & I'm ready ready for them.Its pay back time! A result on Tuesday will be the extra ammunition I need.

A win on Tuesday SHOULD give our manager the manager of the month award I would have thought too. Still lets not presume that will be the case though eh? Mind you I would be gutted for him if he DIDNT get that award,even before Tuesdays game.

Well he's my manager of the month anyway. By far!

Would Danny get the golden boot thing(or whatever its called) Has he done enough to be awarded it?

Spoke to Craig Tucker this morning & he will be putting something out in the local on Friday.It is hopeful that SOMETHING can be included in tomorrows Thanet Times but its a bit late for tomorrow so not sure if this will happen. As for front page,he says its not in his hands but I appeal to Craig on here to see who it is(the editor I presume)& to make an exception in this instance & do all he can to have the front page at our disposal on Friday (for both clubs appeal to get people to attend games more).A lot of people dont get to the back pages but if they saw it,the appeal on the front page,it can only enhance the chances of future attendances rising at both venues,Hartsdown & Southwood.

I have mentioned this thread to him & he is already aware of it so if you have anything else to add to this please mention it as I'm sure Craig will be monotoring the posts & taking anything of interest concerning this on board.

If you have any suggestions or appeals(especially about getting front page coverage) please say so. It may not help but IT COULD! I think it SHOULD!!

My request to Craig is that it may only be football to some but it must be the biggest bit of news around here this week & therefore,despite it being sport it should have front page billing,i.m.o.

It might help if you start your post with your suggestions with,

Dear Craig,

Absolutely Frankie,absolutely!

Dear Craig,

Is there any BIGGER news locally than the football clubs achievements thus far....today? Maybe,but I dont know of one.This may not happen again this season with both clubs placed 1st & 2nd so thats the important thing to highlight this week,in particular. Its not often we get FRONT PAGE coverage but this is an exceptional time for BOTH clubs & it should be *STAR* news this week & worthy of FRONT PAGE billing.

Well done Cookie,good work.

Dear Craig,

Ask the Thanet times editor to just look at this forum, to gauge how proud supporters are,of both teams great start to the season.

Cookie is spot on regarding the miserable downbeat, negativity reported on the front pages of the local papers recently. I too am fed up reading about how Thanet is a crime hotspot, etc.

For once,hopefully the front of the paper will reflect something good in Thanet, and ultimately draw people closer, as this is the first time Gate and Rams fans have agreed on anything for years.

If the editor does read this, I say come on let's have an upbeat article on the cover Tomorrow, a bit of Blue and Red colour to cheer up this dreary week!

In fact Craig- send him the link- even better, it will be a good build up to the biggest day in Thanet football in many years on Boxing Day- something a majority of Thanet will be interested in, in score at least.

Ali vs Foreman

Holyfield v Tyson

Man U vs Chelsea.....

Rams vs Gate