Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

stevenage people

EFM_Costello

It looks like we have supporters from five clubs slagging each other off on this thread now!

Keith (if that is your real name), it would be nice if St Albans could have a stadium like you have, but unfortunately, we are a little short of waste land in the centre of the City on which to build one. We also lack a council that wants to sponsor it. I'm not complaining though as I know where I'd rather live.

Urchin Mentalist, it would be interesting to see just how many fans we would get in the Ryman/Essex Div 1, however, due to responsible financial management we've stayed at a higher level. One thing is for sure we would take more than 20 away to Arlesey Town!

Yellow, go away! You are a geek!

Quote:
Laz said:
It looks like we have supporters from five clubs slagging each other off on this thread now!

Keith (if that is your real name), it would be nice if St Albans could have a stadium like you have, but unfortunately, we are a little short of waste land in the centre of the City on which to build one. We also lack a council that wants to sponsor it. I'm not complaining though as I know where I'd rather live.

Urchin Mentalist, it would be interesting to see just how many fans we would get in the Ryman/Essex Div 1, however, due to responsible financial management we've stayed at a higher level. One thing is for sure we would take more than 20 away to Arlesey Town!

Yellow, go away! You are a geek!

thats good then coz you barely took that to the bridge 2-3 years ago,we took about 40 up there in fact mate.not everyone wants to stand behind the goal

There is actually little history between these clubs. The stats say that this will be just the 18th game between the clubs and City lead the wins 9-6. It will be only the 5th league game with the standings at 2-2. These games were in 92/3 & 93/4.The only reason there was any rivalry was because Fairclough was a much abused ex City player prior to taking SBFC up the leagues and he wanted to beat City. When they won at CP he did a lap of honour.

Before he got there I would go to watch SBFC as a neutral, along with the 100 other people that made up their crowd then in a stadium London Colney would be proud of. Of the NL clubs going upwards I would say it is the best NL ground I have been to but when we were there for the play off final I could not see all of the pitch from my position. You can see all of the pitch at any standing position at CP. They are to redevelop the end we were in though.Just goes to show what a bit of investment on a ground and club can achieve but they freely admit running at a loss. I think that the local council makes a big contribution recogising the value of the club to the community, an attitude our council should consider. The chairman was previously involved at Boreham Wood and went to SBFC to further his ambition / ego.

Any rivalry on the part of the 2000 new SBFC fans is probably imagined, I would say Enfield were our local rivals until their demise but they would say Barnet were theirs. Wycombe,Dagenham,Wood, Hitchin & Stortford are all clubs that I would say were higher up the traditional rivalry list but these things change.

Anyway, I look forward to Boxing Day and a competitive game but just hope all of the SBFC fans Vauxhall Nova's & Ford Sierra's make it down the A1.

good points wilf

never really understood the so called manufactured "rivalry" with stevenage. i too rememebr the 2 portakabins that passed for a clubhouse and dressing room at broadhall way. Good to see how far they have come with proper council backing!

mentalist, stick to your pub football with your muggy ex-chairman. Would you rather so called big crowds playing football of a level that probably i could still get a game at or smaller crowds in the Conference National. I know what league we're in, what league is it you play in?

I remember the 4-0 drubbing. It was just after a midweek 4-0 drubbing from Sutton in the League Cup.

We played Enfield 4 times (I think) that season, winning three of them.

I think you'll find the 4-0 defeat was after a certain Chairman arrived. For our three victories he was at Enfield on the receiving end.

I'm sure he has font memories too.

Possibly. I remember it p*ssed down during the Sutton game and I sat in the stand for the first time.

I wonder whatever happened to Jimmy Neighbour?

That was about the time we used to lose to Sutton every season too. Maybe we should add them to Rob's list of rival clubs.