Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

predictions for this weekend

Coxyhammer

Just read the report on their game v Carshalton away Alan & it says they went there with a game plan intent on closing down the opposition at every opportunity & this they did it seems convincingly & with success by having 2 or even 3 men pressurise their opponents whenever on the ball. Assuming they do the same again this week we have to be aware of it & be able to cope & counter such play.Looks like they could try & adopt the same style of play against us so we will have to use all the skills we have to avoid them shutting us out.Trotty needs to be alive to this & I'm sure he is,if they indeed do intend to play in a similar fashion.

It certainly isn't going to be easy & maybe I am overstating the score but on the other hand their style of play might work to our advantage.

We have the skills to do that,no doubts,but we need to punish them early I think. 2 or 3 early goals should do the trick.

A victory wont come easy & the boys really need to not underestimate them & work for the victory in the same way as they would were it be Bromley or Horsham or like.I'll include Ramsgate at Deadwood amongst those too as that will be just as hard as a Bromley or Horsham or Chelmsford game if not even harder.But for now its Hendon & we have to show our quality & professionalism by doing the job & doing it well.

Absolutely Steve. A couple or 3 would be ideal(obviously) but we mustn't sit back if we do, like we have done,in the first 25 minutes of the the second period of 45 recently. Looks like we improved that a little at Horsham so maybe they are getting that side of things sorted at last.

Having said what I have said about Hendons tactics on a previous post,on the day,if our lads concentrate mainly on THEIR form rather than the opponents then that alone should see us prevail.We just have to be AWARE of them trying to use "spoiling" tactics in the game thats all.

The longer it stays goaless the more confident their players will become & the more desperate ours will get.Thats when the "banana skin" scenario comes into it.We dont want either of them to come about.As you say get in there early & force their heads to drop a.s.a.p by doing that.

Revised prediction 4-1 victory.

Quote:
Chris1 said:
Hilaire now plays for Erith and Belvedere. So says Margate History site and others.

Don't think Darren Watson is still at Hendon either, or at least hasn't played this season.

I will go 7-0 Gate, with attendance 611, ever the optimist. Or perhaps more likely: postponed due to waterlogged pitch.

yer he did 4 a while but when i went to see them play herne bay they said that he had gone back to hendon? so who knows where he is now.

Ah, my great Gate goalwatchers, providing we apply ourselves I expect a good win.

But our home form is not as decent as we have had on our "foreign excursions", and Staines proved that what should have been a home banker on paper turned out to be wildly inaccurate!

But on the evidence of the Horsham game we should get goals. As a man from the "Mystic East(Kent)" my reading of the signs suggest three home goals following an early set back, and three different scorers. 3-1

Att will be 709, not bad given that Westwood Cross will also be a major attraction!

Quote:
Chris1 said:
Tony if you look on Hendon's player list Hilaire is shown as a 'player who has left the club'. He played for E&B on 1 November. They changed manager after that game and he is not listed since.

Does anybody know more?

Just read on Hendon site he has left to join Heybridge Swifts!!!