Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Islington Gazzette

I did actually go out and buy it at the weekend to see for myself if KTFC were all over it like a rash alongside their illustrious neighbours. Well their illustrious neighbours had a 3/4 page spread!! I eventually found the KTFC match report on the sports page furthest in.. AFTER the areas youth roundup.

Good match report, seemed quite balanced. Must admit that the guy who writes the headlines is giving the Mercury guy a run for his money!!

• 10 months later...

The words rash, all over and proverbial spring very much to mind here. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but it must be unprecedented for three brothers to be in a starting line up at a senior level of the game, I will be applying to the Guinness Book of Records tomorrow attaching this link:

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/content/islington/gazette/sport/story.aspx?brand=ISLGOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sportislg&itemid=WeED31%20Oct%202007%2012%3A40%3A45%3A757

When I was at Uxbridge we once had a side containing 3 Bamford borthers, 2 Cleary brothers and 2 Swift brothers, there were also another 2 Swifts in the reserves although while those 2 were brothers, they were only cousins of the 2 Swifts in the 1st team. Confused yet!!!!

Save your pen and paper Rhodes.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
The words rash, all over and proverbial spring very much to mind here. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but it must be unprecedented for three brothers to be in a starting line up at a senior level of the game, I will be applying to the Guinness Book of Records tomorrow attaching this link:

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/content/islington/gazette/sport/story.aspx?brand=ISLGOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sportislg&itemid=WeED31%20Oct%202007%2012%3A40%3A45%3A757

Even Hoddesdon beat you to it, the three White brothers all played in the same side together a few times in the early 00's

Originally Posted By: paulb
When I was at Uxbridge we once had a side containing 3 Bamford borthers, 2 Cleary brothers and 2 Swift brothers, there were also another 2 Swifts in the reserves although while those 2 were brothers, they were only cousins of the 2 Swifts in the 1st team. Confused yet!!!!

Save your pen and paper Rhodes.

And they all kicked anything that moved - sometimes, they even kicked the ball!

I once played in a V&E side with...2 Virgo brothers, 2 Robins brothers, 2 Stingamore brothers (1 on bench), Wade father and son, Ward father and son plus a Bidwell father and son (the father was a non playing manager...Now that was a family club !

When I was at Uxbridge we once had a side containing ......

Was George Talbot your manager? What a brilliant character he was. Always up for a drink and a laugh. Couldn't believe the way he left the club after all those years at the helm.

Originally Posted By: Wader
When I was at Uxbridge we once had a side containing ......

Was George Talbot your manager? What a brilliant character he was. Always up for a drink and a laugh. Couldn't believe the way he left the club after all those years at the helm.

Yeah Talby was manager when I left, Also had Mickey Harvey and Ron Clack (now he was a legend). I know mate was scandalous, would hardly say he left the club though hey!!!

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

As always Kentish Town are heavily featured in the Islington Gazette following our win over Amersham Town on Saturday which was far more comfortable than the scoreline suggests:

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/content/islington/gazette/sport/story.aspx?brand=ISLGOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sportislg&itemid=WeED20%20Mar%202008%2015%3A50%3A02%3A907

PLEASE stop resurrecting old threads! You are like abloody filing clerk. How can you remember all this old stuff? Just start a new one - no-one is interested in stuff from Nov 07! mad