Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I was putting the Hendon preview together ......

Wellsie

..... and when I looked at the side I was amazed to realise the change to the side we have now. Here's the side that represented Margate in the last game of last season (against Hendon):

Margate: Behcet, Oates (Jalloh), Standen, Gradley, Trott, Donovan (Edwards), Protheroe, Keister, Sesay, Hockton, Knight (Yiga)

Subs not used: Egan, Okikiolu.

For the full preview click here.

...and that was what, only 8 months ago? Cripes, haven't we just come on considering we had only just secured our place in the Premier Division!

Without looking .... Greg or Dean .. so I'll go for Greg. Right, now I'm gonna look!

Can I just confirm that I thought it was Greg and it was Dean. Just a bit concerned about the suggestion I had "gone the wrong way"!

As i see it, there are 8 players (incl Sesay ) who were also in the squad at end of last season.

imo, by non league standards thats quite alot since with mainly one year contracts, most teams at this level seem to have to rebuild every season.

i think Chris' point comparing pre-Xmas/CK squad with the current squad is possibly more telling.

Similarly, i think most of us were confounded by the number of players who appeared for 'Gate last season.

Now whilst i have not counted, i reckon RT has used almost as many players so far this season as CK did at same time last season.

The difference is though that this year we have a relatively consistent CORE first team squad, and RT has maybe had a bit of a choice in being able to field players from the reserve squad,rather than go looking for players .

On numbers/stats alone however, i would not be surprised if so far we have had almost as many different players making appearances as last season

It's not really fair to compare CK's and RT's squads, because we all know CK did not have the same resources.

FYI in league games we had used 31 players this time last season, compared to 21 this season.

However agree we have a much more settled core squad.

And the league position speaks for itself.