Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jim Chandler Missing! - Enfield Gazette

Duke of York

I thought Magona's lack of pace was a weakness to start with. He was certainly caught out in his first couple of games. But for the last two months or so I believe he and Tickner have been our most reliable performers. Magona's only slip-up in the last half dozen or so games was needlessly giving away the penalty against Waltham Forest - which luckily for us they missed.

Where we have lost our way in 2007 is the lack of creativity. We are not making anywhere near enough goal scoring chances. We give the ball away far too easily. We don't get enough crosses in. We don't get behind defences enough. I hope we turn our form around soon, else we may slip out of the top 6.

I feel that Magona is effective on the left of a back three or as a defensive midfielder, but his lack of pace is exposed when in a flat back four or as a stay-at-home left back.

I agree with you BJR, in that the team does not currently function well as an attacking unit - defensively, however,we are far more effective. I have noticed the quality of passing deteriorate quite alarmingly since the turn of the year, even from the 'good' passers of the ball.

When a team hits a rough patch like this, any minor thing - a change of personnel, a new player or two, or even a bit of luck like a dodgy penalty, can turn things around. Sometimes form just returns as inexplicably as it disappeared. Here's hoping that it happen soon.