Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CRAWLEY

JKiF

I haven't heard an appeal, JKiF. The Official web-site simply says that a further announcement will be made tonight [between rounds 2 and 3 at the Quiz Nite, perhaps.]

Perhaps God will oblige if the thaw continues?

At 6 am this morning the temperature was a degree or two above freezing but I haven't heard whether a frost is forecast for tonight, nor the forecast for tomorrow.

Are you going to get ot the quiz, JKiF? It's music and entertainment, I gather. You have a rudimentary knowledge of modern Brit-pop, disco and 21st Century RnB as I recall?

;-)

I've just spoken to someone who took some photographs at t'Park yesterday of a large snowman on the pitch - it reminded him of Tom Beech apparently, the pace was the striking feature, I gather - and he isn't optimistic, not least in view of the amount of snow on the terraces.

Stand by JKiF.

It's snowing again now in the City Centre!

The whole country will come to a standstill once again. Schools have already announced that they will close for the next three months. Why does this happen when we get a light dusting of snow, for the love of Jesus? Why? I'll tell you why. Becuase the people let it happen, that's why.

Pathetic.

:o(

And another thing.

These people who don't turn up to put in a days work when there's an inch or two of snow on the ground. They'll want a full day's pay in their wage packets at the end of the week, no doubt. Let 'em get out of bed an hour earlier in the morning on the basis that their journey will take an hour longer.

A couple of inches of snow and it dominates the news broadcasts, for Heaven's sake!. On the East coast of America, four feet of the stuff wouldn't merit a mention. In the ski resorts, they want several feet of the stuff for 5 months, topped up very regularly indeed.

In Britain? It's pathetic.

And another thing.

Mrs AFF has just booked a restaurant for next Wednesday, Valentines day - she can be a bit gooey, Mrs AFF. Double the normal price, for a set bl00dy meal with a complimentary glass of champagne.

One. I might not want their set bl00dy meal. Two. They can keep their complimentary glass of champagne. Three. I've just cancelled the reservation. Four. Just to show you that I can be a bit gooey, too, I've booked for both Tuesday and Thursday nights as a protest.

Talking of wine waiters, I remember going on holiday once and at dinner on the first night, the waiter asked for the room number and wrote the number on the label on the bottle. 'Hmmnnn', I thought to myself, but made no comment. The second night, the same thing happened, and this time I asked him why he wrote the room number on the label. "So that we know that it is your bottle if you leave it for tomorrow evening" said he. "There's absolutely no chance of that happening" said I, "you wont have to worry about that each evening". So he didn't.

It's been a bad week, and I thought that I would share it with you lot.

It's stopped snowing but it's pretty chilly out there.

I hear that all the schools have shut for the next 12 months in case there is a repeat of yesterday's snow. Best to be on the safe side. 'Elf N Safety'. All pupils have been awarded 'A' grades at GCSE and A Levels as no-one should be psychologically damaged by receiving a mark less than anyone else's. Mark. Anyone else's mark.

Pathetic.

I've given up all hope of our game being on tomorrow.

It bloody irritates me the way this country grinds to a halt because of a bit of snow.

It's like "I can't be bothered to go out because there's a bit of snow on the ground and I might slip over!"

Bloody wimps. If they lived in Russia they'd never go out. Probably stay in drinking vodka all day (some would say that sounds a good thing!!)

Sorry for the rant. Just some people exasperate me!!

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
I've given up all hope of our game being on tomorrow.

The pitch inspection at Goldsdown Road is at 11am. It's raining in Enfield at the moment so it's 50:50 really. Make your way over east Yellow. If the Town vs. Canvey Isalnd game is off it's not too much further to take in the St Albans City game.

I'd be tempted to do the St Albans game but unfortunately I don't drive and it's rather a long way to go by train just to watch a football match.