Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club Forums - how do you like them listed?

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Hi,

Under the old forum software, I had to move all the club forums to their one section - these are currently listed as sub-forums in one long list.

The benefit for the smaller clubs is that they are not isolated beneath their league forum, with no-one else around.

I can now make a few changes to these. I do not intend to put them beneath the league forums, and club forums will be separate.

The choice I have are...

Keep as they are

Keep the club forums as a long list all as sub forums.

List them all as main forums

Move them from sub-forums to the main forum list. The disadvantage to this is that the main index page will be rather long - the categories can be reduced to your own desires, by clicking on the toggle_closed.gif to toggle the category closed.

Break the category into leagues and list club forums as sub-forums

Keep all the clubs as sub-forums, but break the list into league forums - this will be Conference, Ryman, Southern, Northern Premier, and Lower Leagues (including Essex Senior etc.)

If you can think of an alternative method, please let me know.

Thank you.

Not many votes frown Don't complain when it changes, and you do not like it tongue

100% of you want it to be divided into league sections, and then club forums as sub-forums under them.

I will probably have

Conference (National, North & South)

Ryman

Unibond

British Gas Business

Lower Leagues (Essex Senior, CCL etc..)

If people have any other comments or suggestions, feel free to post here smile

Ok - I have grouped the forums beneath their respective leagues - we will see how this goes.

I am always open to suggestions....

It hard sometimes to know what will work the best - hence the reason for me asking you lot wink

I'd like to see a drop down list of clubs alphabetically listed, showing the latest postings.

BTW, you were going to add Basildon Utd to the existing drop down list!!!

i think the club forums are hard to navigae to at the moment ian. i think it may be beneficial to have the club forums related to each league to have a side menu like you used to have. then you could click through every club in that league easily. i seem to find myself these days restricted to the ESL site and bowers page as cant be bothered to navigate 3/4 clicks to other forums.

Thanks - I am going to have a new menu system shortly - however easy navigation can be done via the 'breadcrumbs' at the top of every page

i.e. Fans Focus » Forums » Site News, Support & Introductions » Site News » Club Forums - how do you like them listed?

on this topic for example.

I am not sure at the moment that I can rebuild the menu system that relates just to each forum - my skills are just not up to it at the moment frown Not to mention my time LOL

But the menu system that I am planning is comprehensive and collapsible, so that should make life easier.

Thanks.

cheers pal. yes i was just coming to terms with the "breadcrumbs" although had no idea thats what they were called.