Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Urchin

tragic events in portugal...

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
I will never understand why people are talking on this issue....................When we can all read the Rhodes in all his glory! evil

2 sugars in mine please smile

Originally Posted By: Bitch
I will never understand why people are talking on this issue....................When we can all read the Rhodes in all his glory! evil

2 sugars in mine please smile

ARen't you sweet enough?!? evil

How sweet of you to say so... wink

Originally Posted By: Staines Rebel
So you take the Daily Mail as your source of information - not that the Mail has ever had a narrow view on the world - remember, when has the truth ever got in the way of selling papers!

Rhodes you seem very concerned about how the McCanns feel - Remember it was Maddie who was abducted/killed!

And what has "God faring" got to do with good parenting? - I thought the McCanns were good Catholics and does not Rome preach the sanctity of life? so what have they got out of their religion for there family (less Maddie) other than having the chance to meet the pope!

Lets just hope YOUR child is not the one in a million Rhodes!!!

One final question which I will ask and answer myself - What would have happened if the McCanns had kept a proper eye on there 3 children? - Well Maddie would be looking forward to the summer holidays as the school year ends and she and her other 2 siblings would be living the lives of a normal family - however that will never be the case due to their parents failings!

P.S.

Maddie paid the price of here parents neglect.

The McCanns are not the victims - Maddie was the Victim!

Says it all

Mrs Keeps - Why does it say it all, you are just siding with Staines Rebel for obvious reasons.

The bit of the excellent article in the Daily Mail that rung so true for me was where it stated that 'right from the beginning the Portuguese Police suspected Kate purely because their wives were telling them at home that she looked too controlled and did not cry enough'. As we all know in Mediterranean Countries such as Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Southern France there is no tradition of the Brits stiff upper lip approach to things and young Mothers soon come to look like 'overblown roses with their child bearing settling around their hips'. Kate apparently told her Mother that she 'has been portrayed and persecuted as a bad parent because she is slim and doesn't look like a rounded hausfrau cutting cookies with one hand while a baby is glued to her ample bosom' and I really couldn't have put it any better myself.

Kate McCann's image has f'all to do with this - it was her ability to put herself before her children that is the issue that lead to the abduction / killing of Maddie.

Rhodes you can belive the Daily Mail - however I have the ability to look at a wider range of news reports and sources of information both from the UK and other parts of Europe and draw my own opinions by looking at the way in which the information was presented and sifting out the dross that is only there to sensationalize and fill out/sell news papers (some of what was printed by the British press was jounalizum of the lowest order).

As I have access to the French media it was intresting to see how they presented the case as they were one step removed from the situation and thus able to put a lot more ballenced picture of the issues of a British family in Portugal.

You and I will never see eye to eye on this Rhodes - heres to hoping that this will never happen to any of our families - our childrens wellfare is in our hands!

rhodes,i cannot believe you are defending these buffoons.

I suppose the bloke on BBC 1 last night with 20 kids in ebbw vale who is an alcoholic and in and out of prison is a good father because he says he loves his kids???

Originally Posted By: Urchin Mentalist
rhodes,i cannot believe you are defending these buffoons.
I suppose the bloke on BBC 1 last night with 20 kids in ebbw vale who is an alcoholic and in and out of prison is a good father because he says he loves his kids???

Any chance that Horace is taking bets on the outcome of this one?

Mrs Keeps you are amost certainly a divinty figure in drag, who else could claim perfection

No parent of two or three children could possibly claim to get all the decisions right, and no ordinary person could claim your divine right in media diagnostic ability

Out of interest how many children have you reared?

Think that in reading posts throughout this thread, the general opinion is no matter what.... they left three children under the age of three to fend for themselves on a regular basis during the course of the holiday, not once, therefore, unfortunately, not 'a' mistake!

Personally I find it worrying that the night before the little girl asked her Mum why she hadn't come when they were crying - I know without a doubt that whenever my kids got worked up at that age they were sods to settle for some time after, hot, sweaty, fractious.......therefore I find it difficult to believe that they were checked every 20 mins or so!

I have three kids myself and we have had near misses over the years ie getting kids as well as shopping out of the car, kid runs across road to house - had an accident happened that would have been just that .......an accident borne out of a mistake, I was there and didn't hold on to their hand

How much worse would I have felt if my child had run across that road and I'd been sitting in the pub with my partner, out of sight, it would have still been an accident perhaps but not due to a mistake, due to neglect

Daffy - I think you are exaggerating with your last sentence and putting too fine a point on things just to make Kate and Gerry look even worse, if that's possible. They did not leave their children alone in the street in danger of being hit by a car, they left them asleep in a hotel room where they thought they would be perfectly safe until returning from the nearby Tapas Bar, they had already checked on them twice prior to the disappearance of Maddie. I think you should read the Daily Mail article that I posted yesterday, obviously you haven't bothered.

Rhodes stop putting the daily mails "story" up as FACT - it is not!

You have misquoted again saying they were in a hotel - they were not, they were in appartments.

Your arguments are flawed and it is leading me to wonder why you dont mind people leaving children on their own? Is there something we should know about you?

Originally Posted By: pabird
Mrs Keeps you are amost certainly a divinty figure in drag, who else could claim perfection
No parent of two or three children could possibly claim to get all the decisions right, and no ordinary person could claim your divine right in media diagnostic ability
Out of interest how many children have you reared?

didnt realise this thread was about people proving there capabilities as a parent before they can make a comment but as you have bought the the subject up pabird i dont recall mrs keeps claiming to be perfect or getting all of her decisions right but i can tell you this,

SHE HAS NEVER GONE OUT ON THE PI55 AND LEFT THEM UNATTENDED AT THE AGES OF 4 AND YOUNGER

you can argue all you want about this tragic situation but the bottom line is someone of a responsible age should have been with the children

and my opinion for what its worth.. it is the parents and their friends who are covering up for each other and no third party was involved although as they went out each evening on the pi55 ANYONE had the opportunity to abduct Maddie,maybe the truth will never be discovered and the doubts will always be there.Should have been a bit more responsible shouldnt they?

BTW...mrs keeps has 'reared' two children
our 17 yr old daughter who is disabled and our 16 yr old son, and they are a credit to her ability as a mother

Originally Posted By: Staines Rebel
Rhodes stop putting the daily mails "story" up as FACT - it is not!

You have misquoted again saying they were in a hotel - they were not, they were in appartments.

Your arguments are flawed and it is leading me to wonder why you dont mind people leaving children on their own? Is there something we should know about you?

not if letting your children who are under the age of 12 travel on their own from tottenham to broxbourne is ok

Who's children are you referring to, I agree that would be irresponsible however I'm also a big believer in not wrapping kids up in cotton wool and molly coddling them as they need to learn to be street wise in this day and age and in the sick society we live in today. I bracket that with giving teenagers of 14, 15 and 16

Where are you comming from Rhodes my old son....I also read the Daily Mail but only because the Sun etc are full of sh1t, I have two very well blanced kids that have been brought up in an adult world, the first being born when I was 41, and spend alot of time in Greece with them, but they have never been left alone for one moment of their lives, and yes they are totally spoilt, and as for

Originally Posted By: blackballed
Where are you comming from Rhodes my old son....I also read the Daily Mail but only because the Sun etc are full of sh1t, I have two very well blanced kids that have been brought up in an adult world, the first being born when I was 41, and spend alot of time in Greece with them, but they have never been left alone for one moment of their lives, and yes they are totally spoilt, and as for

unfortunately there is no manual on how to bring up kids.....and no one can teach us....we start to learn that particular skill as they grow and they grow very quickly indeed....

we all think that our ducks are swans for sure and we do probably spoil them (I did with my 3) but regardless of all of that I cannot find it in myself to condone the leaving of those 3 tiny children....it was unforgiveable...

Well shall we just agree to disagree on this one then, at the end of the day Kate and Gerry left their three children 'safe and sound', or so they thought, asleep in their apartment/chalet whatever you choose to call it whilst they went for a meal at a nearby Tapas Bar, they were on holiday afterall however I do concede that they should have perhaps locked the kids in the room rather than leaving the door open.

man my parents brought me up proper,i went off the rails a bit but they were there when i had my worst moment,and those that know me know what that was,but they never ever left me or made me feel alone which is what those kids must have felt.

Yeah,everyone makes the wrong decisions in life and you live by them but what they done was something that no average let alone good parent would of done.

When i was 6-10 my parents always knew i was beside them,what happened after that was not their fault but they knew where i Was and what i was doing.

At 15 my dad grassed me to the old bill as i was out of hand,i respect him and love him for that 20 years later,and he would never of let me out his sight aged 6-7

Like I said lets just agree to disagree, the McCann's are good God faring people!