Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Rhodes bitch against Haringey Borough thread

This is a Kentish Town-free zone, where Rhodes can slag off Haringey Borough to his heart's content. Please don't spoil it with that sort of stuff! angry

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Rhodes i do believe it was this newspaper article when you was quoted saying "the club could fold" - when that wasnt an option that finally tipped you over the edge.
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/misc/print.php?artid=732484
am i wrong?

I have never seen that article and what sort of publication is 'Newsshopper', is it what you and the missus sit down at the kitchen table to look through and then order from it online to save you going out in the rain to DFS and Homebase. I think what possibly got 'Sugar's' goat was that he didn't show up for the photoshoot at Coles Park even though he was told about it and as a result I had to step into the breach, missing out on being on the front page of the Tottenham Journal was a massive disappointment to his huge ego

Greg Dyke - I couldn't quite see what the point was of posting that as it is a fairly common name and has been childishly done previously by NeutralFan, is this you for example:

http://legacy.silicon.com/2002as/9greg_dyke.htm

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Rhodes are you saying the newsshopper mis-quoted you? or was what was in there true?

3praise - I don't think I ever said to the press that the Club could fold and anyway that was never an option. Many Club's and organisations rallied round to help following the fire however, once again, 'Sugar' was not interested in the slightest and I would be keen to know whether he ever collected the signed shirt and football that Spurs kindly donated or indeed whether he ever bothered collecting them from Bill Nicholson Way, they were certainly never auctioned. See the kind e-mail from Spurs below:

Sent: 28 April 2006 15:46
To: Rhodes, Cliff Mr
Subject: Signed Ball and Shirt

Hi Cliff

Just a quick note to let you know that we have got a football and shirt signed for you to auction off to help raise any much needed funds after the terrible fire that took place at Haringey Borough FC. Please let me know if you would like to collect them or if you would prefer for me to drop them off at Coles Park.

If there is anything else that we can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Gary Broadhurst
Social Inclusion Officer
Tottenham Hotspur Community
Bill Nicholson Way
748 High Road
London
N17 0AP

'Sugar' insisted on doing so and told me to 'stand down', it wouldn't actually surprise me if the items have pride of place in his 'snooker room' at home as like I said, if they were actually collected, they were never auctioned off as far as I'm aware.

Greg Dyke - I didn't accuse the publication of ficticious reporting, I just said that I don't recollect saying that there was a likelihood of the Club folding.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
so in the last few posts we have accused the News Shopper press group of ficticious reporting and Mr "Sugar" of embezzle-ing gifts...

wow duck

why don't you give it a rest dykey...you're like a pig feeding on tripe...you have no affinity or understanding of or with these people ......