Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Rhodes bitch against Haringey Borough thread

I have but this isn't about Haringey, it's about you upsetting Uncle Urchin by your un-necessary comments over the dressing room theft at Bridge Avenue.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Sent: 28 April 2006 15:46
To: Rhodes, Cliff Mr
Subject: Signed Ball and Shirt

Hi Cliff

Just a quick note to let you know that we have got a football and shirt signed for you to auction off to help raise any much needed funds after the terrible fire that took place at Haringey Borough FC. Please let me know if you would like to collect them or if you would prefer for me to drop them off at Coles Park.

If there is anything else that we can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Gary Broadhurst
Social Inclusion Officer
Tottenham Hotspur Community
Bill Nicholson Way
748 High Road
London
N17 0AP

Good point although you wouldn't think so as the last two or three pages have been about your comments over the theft at Bridge Avenue. Just incase 3praise makes out he hasn't seen the burning question, I demand to know what happened to the signed shirt and football that Spurs kindly donated to Haringey in April last year as they were never auctioned as far as I'm aware.

Do you know Gary then, he has since left Spurs to work at the FA. If 3praise doesn't respond in a satisfactory fashion by the end of today I will make contact with him, thanks for that helpful suggestion. If he tells me that the items were collected then questions will obviously need to asked.

Yes 'Sugar' (and 3praise) would love that wouldn't he but he needs to be held to account particularly on a serious issue such as this. I can't help feeling that they have recruited you to fight in their corner, a bit like the guy holding the bucket for the boxer to spit into, it's more than coincidence that you stick up for them and defend them to the hilt at every opportunity.

Yes 'Sugar' (and 3praise) would love that

No, we would ALL love that.

but he needs to be held to account particularly on a serious issue such as this.

Only in your opinion. And, in any case, spouting your usual nonsense on a public internet forum doesn't really hold anyone to account, does it?

I can't help feeling that they have recruited you to fight in their corner, a bit like the guy holding the bucket for the boxer to spit into, it's more than coincidence that you stick up for them and defend them to the hilt at every opportunity.

As far as this issue is concerned, I see myself more "anti-Rhodes" than "pro-Haringey".

This is actually only the tip of the iceberg, there are a number of similar issues still left unanswered such as when I was conned out of £640 by a former player which left me destitute, the Club never lifted a finger to help me out which I wasn't overly impressed by.

You're spot on for once, not as far as 'Sugar' and 3praise are concerned they're not, put it this way they won't be getting much sleep over the next week or so worrying about all the skeletons in the Coles Park cupboard.

3praise - I note that you haven't touched upon the signed ball and shirt issue as yet but I assume that you will be doing so later on. It was 'the great' Szilard Szappan that conned me out of £640, I was perhaps a little naive in giving him the money however he arrived at Coles Park as 'our' saviour having played at he highest level in Hungary and Singapore. As it turned out he was 'our' saviour as he kept 'us' up under Kenny Dyer's reign, do you remember his two goals at Royston, one of which was a back heel of Dennis Law for Man City at Old Trafford in 1974 proportions.

So you where the one giving out backhanders to players to keep Haringey up - all this time you blamed Aki!! Now you have left you want it back - do you have a receipt?

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
I am thinking of collecting all his memoirs over this site and publishing a series of short stories

Henry Root style you mean, Uncle Urchin will buy a copy.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
So you where the one giving out backhanders to players to keep Haringey up - all this time you blamed Aki!! Now you have left you want it back - do you have a receipt?

Nice try but you know full well that it was up to 'Sugar' and not me to sort Szilard out financially, he was clearly a cut above and was one of the best players 'we've' ever had but he wasn't prepared to hang around long term without the odd brown envelope. The money I gave him wasn't a backhander as you put it, it was to help him out with accommodation, 'Sugar' knew that I had given it to him and that it had left me destitute but he didn't care that my kids were going hungry.

I thought it was called a football Chairman who hasn't got a clue what he's doing and is totally out of his depth.