Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Muff

Laz

I have to laugh one of their fans said we only got into the conference because of Lord Lippy and now he's gone we will slip into conf south obscurity which is more in keeping with our lack of support, has he looked at their crowds compared to what they were in the conf south !

Maybe they should be more concerned about their finances rather than worrying about who their main rivals are.

The further down the leagues you go the more that rivalry becomes one-sided. In the Premiership Middlesboro hate Newcastle United but United don’t waste their time worrying about ‘Boro. York City hate Leeds United but the Elland Road lot don’t waste their time with my team (YCFC). I’m afraid it’s also the same with The Saints hating Stevenage Borough and Weymouth. The rivalry is clearly visible on this forum and on the official SACFC forum but you’ve got to really trawl through the Boro and Muff club forums to find any reference to their small time rivals from Clarence Park. Envy looks up, pity looks down!

AFC Wimbledon allegedly understated the attendance rather than saying there was more people at the game than there actually was.

You achieve nothing by overstating the attendance. Why pay more to the taxman than you actually need to?

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
You achieve nothing by overstating the attendance. Why pay more to the taxman than you actually need to?

This is not true. Your nearest League Team (I don't mean Watford) have been exagerating attendances for years. It's much easier for a club to attract sponsors and new supporters if reports list healthy attendances.

When will the match report from The Dorchester United game be on the official site? At this rate tonight’s game v Sutton United will be have been played before the first report is even on the site. Bring back Dave Tavenar! Also where are the photos from Saturday’s game. Is Leigh on holiday?

Dave's acount of the weekend made interesting reading on Monday morning!

As for "Your nearest League Team (I don't mean Watford)"...

Watford are our nearest league team aren't they? Surely you're not suggesting Barnet are inflating their attendances?

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
I'm afraid it’s also the same with The Saints hating Stevenage Borough and Weymouth. The rivalry is clearly visible on this forum and on the official SACFC forum but you’ve got to really trawl through the Boro and Muff club forums to find any reference to their small time rivals from Clarence Park. Envy looks up, pity looks down!

I think your find the rivalry between City & Boro comes from the old days when we played in the same league it just happens that when teams get promoted they tend not to worry about local rivals who then play at a lower level.
As for Weymouth they will always think they are bigger & better than everyone else !

Originally Posted By: Laz
Watford are our nearest league team aren't they? Surely you're not suggesting Barnet are inflating their attendances?

According to Multimap, Barnet's Underhill Ground is 9.97 miles from Clarence Park and Vicarage Road is 10.12 miles.

It has been alleged that the Underhill mob have inflated attendances in the past to appeal to local business and potential sponsors whilst attracting more supporters to the club. I guess the benefits of the higher profile outweigh the tax penalties that are incurred through the massaged attendance figure. Have a quick count at the Eastbourne game and see how your estimate compares with the ‘official’ gate!