Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Joy & The Glory of The F.A. Cup

Did anybody by any chance attend the Sporting Bengal United v London ASPA tie yesterday that was featured in the Sun or failing that is there a match report knocking around somewhere. Did the game actually finish as surely the Asian rivalry makes Celtic v Rangers seem like chicken feed in comparison.

Thanks, was that the score at 90 minutes or was the game abandoned.

It finished 0-0 aet, attendance rumoured to be around 400.

From the Kent League website.....

"At the Mile End Stadium, an excellent attendance of almost 400, Sporting Bengal Utd and London APSA played out a goal less draw, their replay has beem scheduled for Thursday evening, kick off 7.45pm."

Originally Posted By: Horace
Don't say I don't ever do anything helpful for you!

I owe you one, thanks.

I was at the Mile End Stadium yesterday. Not a great game it has to be said, but played in a very good spirit. I guess that would have to be Sporting Bengal's record crowd?

Bit miffed that they went to extra time in the first game - is that going to happen throughout the competition?

In the early rounds club have the option to play extra time in the first match - I guess you decide a number of days beforehand. It makes sense to avoid a long midweek replay. We play Diss last year & opted for extra time otherwise it would have meant leaving at 3pm to arrive on time for kick off

Originally Posted By: Coffin Ender
I was at the Mile End Stadium yesterday. Not a great game it has to be said, but played in a very good spirit. I guess that would have to be Sporting Bengal's record crowd?

Bit miffed that they went to extra time in the first game - is that going to happen throughout the competition?

Official attendance 382 - second highest of the round!

There are at least 2 incorrect results on the FA website.

Match 90: Tring v Ruislip was 2-1 not 3-4

The NLP had the result down as Ruislip winning 4-3 at Tring, so Tring won then?

382 for Sporting Bengal match!!! Maybe the fact it was played on Sunday helped? if thats the case I am sure they will be looking at playing more games on Sundays.

Maybe a lot of smaller non league clubs would get better crowds if they played on Friday nights/Sunday afternoon so as not to clash with pro sides.

Oh, they are both asian sides? that would may account for such a good crowd, still that is an excllent gate for an extra Prem round.

Originally Posted By: manics
http://www.youtube.com/user/cecilmanic
Video of Hertford Town & Fans celebrating the 1-0 win V Cogenhoe United.
Yes guess what I missed the goal again Horace.
wink2.gif

Not bad, but not as loud as me and my two mates LOL(yes I have anoher additon to the Edgawre 'ultras' for this season LOL

At least to be fair Hertford do get behind thier side, cant rememeber anyone else singing at games v Edgware last season.

Then again are the Ryman league div 1 north ready for the Edgware THREE!!!! LOL

Check my youtube vids out here...

http://youtube.com/profile?user=gvshaw

Originally Posted By: Paula
Gav - will YOU be ready for the Yellow Army???
We are noisy (especially after extra drink) biglaugh

YES we look forawrd to the Canvey fans coming in their numbers.

There may only be THREE of us, but we intend to make a lot of noise that night as well. I may have to look at other options as the air horns run out too quicky, still in the market for a good drum, but they dont seem to be cheap.

The joy and glory of the FA Cup all belonged to Concord Rangers on Sunday. The stronger and better side on the day and they deserved their win. We suffered badly from having 2 key players on holiday but take nothing away from Concord.

Great to meet up with some of the Concord lads again and they look good to take the ESL this year. We certainly didn't disgrace ourselves, but could take a leaf or two out of their book! Best wishes to their keeper and my old mucker Michael Collier and I hope he recovers from his ripped achilles (last minute of the game).

Good luck to them away to Wivenhoe in the next round.