Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So why no bus to Braintree?

As I understand it, there was little interest in the coach. Only twenty went to Newport last week so what is the point?

It's not the supporters club's fault that the players don't care.

Given the small away following and no existant board at Newport it looks like no one cares.

The train takes three hours each way between St Albans and Braintree on Monday, partly due to engineering works.

I'll be driving!

Looking forward to welcoming you to Braintree.

If you are driving could I suggest that you avoid the A120 between Puckeridge & Stortford.

I suggest the A414 thru Stevenage and Harlow to the M11. Turn left up to Stansted and then on to the A120 'Braintree Expressway' to the Cressing Road Stadium.

Oh and still waiting for contact from EFM HQ about match sponsorship.

Originally Posted By: Rob_the_Saint
Was looking forward to this trip. Not enough interest and too expensive on a Bank Holiday is it?

I'd rather the Supporters Club subsidised coach travel than shelling out money to players who just don't care any more.

So you would be happy with the Supporters Club operating at a loss then, Rob?

Just a suggestion but if supporters booked their seat in plenty of time instead of leaving it until the last minute, perhaps the Supporters Club would be in a lot better position to ascertain the viability of running a coach or coaches to away games. doh

I'd be happy with the Supporters Club using the money they make subsidising coach travel, yes. I can't imagine they broke even on 20 people on the coach to Newport at £19 or whatever it was.

I wonder how many people will enquire today about a coach on Monday, especially if we put in a good performance?

Originally Posted By: Rob_the_Saint
I'd be happy with the Supporters Club using the money they make subsidising coach travel, yes. I can't imagine they broke even on 20 people on the coach to Newport at £19 or whatever it was.

I wonder how many people will enquire today about a coach on Monday, especially if we put in a good performance?

With regard to your first point, from our conversations with Supporters Club members, it would seem that you are in a minority of one. As far as the Newport coach was concerned, it was run as a combined supporters and players coach to aid the manager getting players to the game so any loss incurred was a great deal less than the hire cost of a separate players coach. The loss could be viewed as a contribution towards the players' travelling costs.

As far as your final point is concerned, I think you could guess the answer to that, after today's performance and even if there had been a sizeable number of additional bookings today, how on earth are the Supporters' Club supposed to arrange a coach at such ridiculous notice. It's quite simple; book in plenty of time and even if a coach is found to be not viable, the Supporters Club will make every effort to get members to games by alternative means. You also may be interested to know that there is a considerable financial penalty from coach companies generally if you cancel at short notice.

Whether your summary is strictly accurate, I am in no doubt that this is a very bad time, EFMTFTV.

However, surely it's no good simply saying "What's the Bearded One/the bloke in charge of the club shop/his daughter/the person on the committee with the Transportation portfolio/the Chief Steward [delete as appropriate] going to do about it", much less to look to the Board of the club, surely. Similarly, statements like some - that's some - of those on these message boards, and some of the responses made - that's some, too - aren't likely to improve any part of the situation, in my opinion.

We need to talk and exchange views other than through this medium. And pretty soon.